A thread about that Railgun and Soundwave, ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This surely won't appeal to many at this present time, but last night it hit me; could Soundwave, with his position above earth and with US government military knowledge, brought the rail gun down? Or possibly informed Starscream?

I know that the original script didn't, and filming is over, but in technical terms I think he could have stopped it somehow.

The focus right now is DOTM, and I know ROTF is gone and put away now, but let me know what your thoughts are. :peoples: 

[​IMG]

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Well he could of, but with how top secret it was, maybe.
    Wait, didn't Starscream EMP the place first? Maybe Soundwave couldn't have spotted the rail gun.

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    The rail gun's more of a high speed propulsion weapon though, so I doubt Soundwave could have jammed it from up in space, unless he shot it or something

4. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    In Soundwave position he could of save devastator and took out the railgun by locating it,
    if there a railgun in this movie I will kill micheal bay ,I love railguns I think there awsome weapons but maybe not in a transformer movie

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Meaning kinetic weapon. I doubt Soundwave would have magically hacked the ship's control on the railgun.

Plus he is was connected to the satellite. That doesn't mean he can see below if he is on the other side.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Actually there is a way that Soundwave could have made the Railgun totally useless.

An over the horizon weapon like the railgun would depend on GPS to target something. GPS tells the targeting system where the ship is, where the target is, and then a computer calculates the aiming of the weapon. Mess with the GPS network just a little bit and a weapon like the railgun would be missing by miles. It would be back to the old days of calculating shots from charts and having to correct for missed shots.

Either it's insanely poor writing to miss how much the military depends on GPS for its modern weapons and navigation or someone at the Pentagon threatened to take away the toys if they let on about how dependent they are on GPS.

7. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Maybe Soundwave didn't know they were planning on using the railgun, since Simmons was just using a simple radio to contact the carrier

8. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

If the Decepticons knew about the railgun, they would've sunk the ship not scramble their signal. Besides they had a line of sight to the pyramid and probably could aim based on that. Starscream had neutralized all the communication in the area. What they didn't count on was that he got a radio from the Jordanian helicopter.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Very well said.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    1. Soundwave may not have even considered it's possible use in the battle. Since he figures "communications are cut, them shitlord's be fucked."

2. Soundwave is connected to a satellite, and can only pick up satellite communications at his distance, he isn't going to be able to hear walkie-talkies, since they're still "short-range".

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This would make sense, I mean short range communication is always helpful and safer in the military.

Yeah, I'm sure Hasbro wants nothing bad coming from the Pentagon. But beisdes the Satellite, I'm sure the Railgun or the computer/Gps gives off some type of wave that is sent out to space before the shot is fired, and maybe then Soundwave can manipulate it.

Although, his position above the Decepticons was surely far from Egypt, so unfortunate. :thumbdown 

:lol  I'm sure we won't be seeing that Railgun, it's a shame Devs got put out that way.
    Now if we see the railgun again, I'm positive it won't help the human race this time.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'd love to hear Soundwave say that. Or better yet, "Communications: Cut. Shitlords: Fucked."

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Great Pyramid is in Giza which is about 125 miles from the coast. Not really sure where the ship was in the Mediterranean but add some miles if they were not in Egyptian waters at the time.

Not really line of sight with a shot like that. A shot that requires a good deal of computing to calculate all the factors for a shot that far from a moving ship.

14. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Wasn't Soundwave busy making sure that the pentagon couldnt see what was happening in egypt, his attention was most likely not on a battleship a hundred miles from egypt

15. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    If it is use again i freaking hope shockwave blast it with his long BA gun

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have to say that the thought that Soundwave could have stopped the rail gun somehow never occured to me, but I dopubt he could have. Like other said, he was blocking theb Pentagon from viewing the battle, so maybe he either couldn't detect Simmons talking on the walkie talkie to the ship, or it was a form of communication that was "too primative" for him to detect.