A Thought About Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Cyberglyph, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Cyberglyph

Cyberglyph I am the Nightshade

News Credits:
    Looking through the NYCC images, I noticed that there were 3 figures that did not seem updated with spikes and armor and whatever: Smokescreen, Airachnid, and Breakdown. Since Airachnid is captured and Breakdown's body is being occupied by a human currently, let's ignore them and focus on Smokescreen. The lack of armor on Smokescreen could signal him either being destroyed by whatever the Omega Keys do, or he could get a new "Smokescreenus Prime" bot mode which thay didn't want to reveal yet. What do you think will happen to him in the show?

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    True, he doesn't have the new armor the others do, but I don't think that necessarily means he won't be around for season three. They might be releasing some pre-Beast Hunters figures of him before introducing the armored up versions. Though who knows, maybe Smokescreen doesn't gain the armor the others do. Maybe his upgrade is just the new weapon and a ship. Primus knows they need a more team friendly bot running air support...

No matter what happens, I REALLY hope they release a Deluxe of him...

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    He's probably going to die.

Airachnid and Breakdown don't have armor because only the Autobots need it.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

They might be hiding Smokes for later, showing us only the main Autobots now, but that image Primeland showed us could well say that he gets at least a recolour in the future.

I'm eager to see how it'll play out :D 

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I like the Smokescreen toy with chaingun, might get that for my Legends figures. Good thing with the small figures is, you can't tell much difference between G1 Legends and Cyberverse figures :) 

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smokescreen's toy isn't exploding in armor and spikes because it's his first toy. You need armor and new weapons to sell old characters again, but the guys that never really got toys at the size class?

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it's a toy-only deco. At least, I hope he doesn't change his colors...

I still think they're releasing normal Smokescreen figures first, and then later on in the line they'll give us his armored-up design. They're releasing Bee, Wheeljack, and Soundwave first, as they've already had normal figures. I'll be rather surprised if we don't see a Deluxe of him in either the second or third wave of Beast Hunters. Then a couple waves later an armored version of him to go along with repaints and maybe a new character.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This is exactly what I've been saying. This is why I like you guys! :p 

I was really hoping that, if they were going to re-do previously characters, we would have gotten whole new molds but I find this acceptable as I won't feel the strong need to pick these up.

But who knows, maybe (in keeping with this theme) we will get a US release Jet Vehicon (it really is a spiky armored version of Vehicon). I'm also hoping that, since they dropped the Powerizer gimmick for this line, we will see a US release of Unicron and Breakdown.

And finally, I'm hoping that, if that big Predaking is a leader class, that we also get an Optimus and Megatron leader class. Optimus wouldn't have to be too big if he came with a trailer, guns, swords and maybe even the Star Saber. :p  Megatron...well, eff it, make him massive! :p 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This would definitely give them an opportunity to release the Jet Vehicon. Like these armored figures, it's a massive retool of the existing Vehicon mold. I'm not so sure about Unicron or Breakdown. If Uni ever shows up again in the series, I could see Hasbro wanting to release him. Breakdown...I'm still not sure why exactly they said they weren't bringing him over. I've heard things ranging from the price to produce him to not passing the drop-test. Either way, he would make a good wave partner with the inevitable Bulkhead repaint/retool.

I could see them modifying the big Optimus they released this year a bit to fit the theme. Assuming that Predaking is the same size-class, I could see them potentially dong a Megatron. Though I still want to see a retool of his Voyager with that new arm of his.

It's probably not likely, and this is kind of off-topic, but I'd like to see Hasbro bring over the "arms microns". The Autobots are looking for new armor and weapons to deal with the Predacon forces. What if they come across some minicons that can turn into weapons? Again, probably not going to happen, but it would be cool...