A thought about Cybertron's new "honeycomb" look

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Duffcon, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Duffcon

Duffcon Well-Known Member

Not that I was bothered at all by the way Cybertron was portrayed in DOTM, but I was trying to reason why it looked so different from how it did in TF 1. I came up with two theories, the first of which may be the most obvious: a) that we were looking at a different hemisphere/ area of Cybertron than what has previously been revealed, or b) [and this theory is a bit more involved] but maybe it was an older version of Cybertron we were seeing. (Bear with me here): when Sentinel Prime is explaining how the pillars work to the humans, he says that the pillars open a space bridge through space and TIME. Now, perhaps, we were seeing the era of Cybertron that was during the time of the Ark's launch (how it looked in the beginning of DOTM). And perhaps the war was still raging on the planet when it appears in Earth orbit? AND perhaps, the very act of bringing Cybertron into Earth's orbit and its subsequent reversal through the space bridge aided in Cybertron's ultimate descent towards becoming a wasteland? Now, this is all just fun speculation on my part, not hard fact at all. And it's kind of a trippy paradox if you think about it. What are your thoughts? (and please for give me for the length of this post and if its already been brought to attention).

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I think the Cybertron we were shown in TF1 was part of it. In DOTM, we got to see what it really is like.

This is merely my theory but, what if Cybertron is a big transformer and changed shape after the battle was lost.? Primus right?

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's been a while but if I remember correctly Prime never said when the flash back took place. Depending on how long Transformers live the flash back in the first film could have been a very long time ago.

4. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Also, In TF1 you see more of a closeup of the actual terrain of one part whereas in DotM you see it from a distance from what I remember.

5. Duffcon

To add to my own thoughts:

also, it is a possiblity that Sentinel Prime knew only the coordinates of Cybertron's universal location at the point of when the Ark was launched. It may be speculated that Cybertron over the course of countless millenia shifted/moved from its original location, (much like its G1 comic counterpart). Now if this is so, then Sentinel would have to teleport Cybertron using the coordinates he was familiar with. Plus, Cybertron hardly looked like it had been ravaged by countless centuries of warfare when it appeared above the Earth, it looked the same as how it did in the beginning of the movie.

Thoughts? Critisms? Your own theories?

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I thought the planet had layers. Like an onion.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

During Optimus' narration that one ship escaped it just went out of the honeycomb structure.

I think the the answer is this. The TF1 Cybertron background is the surface itself of Cybertron. The honeycomb are massive orbital elevators.

Previous depictions of Cybertron was it is layered with an Earth like underground.

Think of it sort of like Gigantion from TF Cybertron.

The core surface of Cybertron would be analogues to the Underworld.

8. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

mmm maybe this is how cybertron looks after some earth-years of dying without the allspark

9. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Honeycombs big. Yeah yeah yeah.

10. rook

rook Well-Known Member

The all spark gives life it doesn't feed it.

11. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

It was probably honeycombed so it'd be less likely to rip the Earth apart from being in such close proximity to a significantly larger mass. Plothole explained!

12. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is honeycombed because it supposed to represent something similar to the animal kingdom (like a bee hive). People tend to forget that the folks from ILM do a lot of research on animals to find conceptual ideas for alien races.

13. Duffcon

Is this a fact somewhere? I truly want to know, not being sarcastic or rude.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    There's a LOT from all 3 films that don't mesh well together; this is just 1 more thing.

Just run with it and enjoy.

15. WeaponOfficer

WeaponOfficer Well-Known Member

dude...................... ITS A BEEHIVE !!! LOL

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    There IS an insectoid air to the Movie-verse TFs. And then we have Bumblebee, who's named after an insect...

17. Duffcon

Oh, i do enjoy the films, A LOT!!! I wasn't complaining at all, just felt like coming up with my own theories.

18. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

One side of Cybertron has the honeycomb look, the other looks like it did in TF1.

Or it's just different layers of the planet.

19. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i dont know if it was said or not but the fabric of our universe is actually called space-time. its a place where space and time literally come together as one. for a worm hole (space bridge) to work you have to fold space upon itself which in turn effects time because theoretically with enough gravity you will mess with time (like the theory that time stops when you enter the event horizon of a black hole).

in anycase the space bridge didnt bring cybertron to earth from the past (if it did there wouldnt be a need to rebuild it)

20. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Or maybe they just decided to change it. They've always said that these movies were meant to stand on their own and less like a trilogy.