a theory on nanotechnology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, May 5, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people this is coming from a person who has been a transfan since late 1983 when the whole thing started as a toyline.

this is just a theory that i have had over the past couple years.

when it comes to nano technology in general and its overall reinventability and everincreasing complexity and for lack of a better word sopistication i believe that it may yet one day reach such a stage in its existance that it would eventually exist on a submoleculer level in a nannite like state of being.

in short it is quite possible that when it eventually reaches that point that a way could be found for a person to use it in the form of a full mind body celluler submersal.

that is to say that the person in question could use it on his mind and body on a submolecluer level quite possibly with it at most enhancing his bodies natural healing capabilities to the point of extreme celluler regeneration.

a good example of said advanced regenerative healing could be seen in the xmen character wolverine for example.

now imagine that the nanite technology does that in addition to it performing constant day to day maintenance to that persons body on a submoleculer level with it basicly maintaining that persons body to the point that the person is entirely capable of living his life in what could only be described as a self perpetuating prime state of existance while that person is kept at the absalute peak of his youth. in short it prolonging his life span over time in a indefinite manner.

in some part with time it would achieveall of that in addition to it rewritting that persons genetic code so as to remove any and all genetic flaws and otherwise inperfections.

over time with it repairing and or outright replacing the various parts of the human body with a technological counterpart over an incredibly gradual period of time until eventually the persons body has taken on an entirely technological state of being and thus renderign that person thoroughly immune to any and all natural viruses and diseases

in short people one of us becoming one of them
    like i said people this is just a theory i have put together over the years and yeah i probably have read way too many sci fi novels although i do believe that the very idea stated in this theory does have merit and may yet in some part be made a reality one day.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Anything is possible when have the technology to make machines that small, but we won't see that kind of sophistication for a LONG time.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG] Do what now?

4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Are you high right now?

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

We are the Borg.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Nanotechnology is some pretty neat stuff, but I think some of the stuff you're talking about would have - at least for now - some pretty severe limitations.

Nanotechnology as it exists today mostly uses suuuuuuuper basic molecule configurations to build simple machines - rolling mechanisms, hooks to latch stuff together (if I remember correctly, a new type of nano-technology-enhanced stitch string is being used to help cuts heal faster; it "hooks" the skin and pulls it closer together while the body is healing,) - or energy-producing devices (molecular electronics.)

Now, at science's current state, we can build pretty damn tiny memory-based machines, but we can't yet build them that small. In order to create machines that have enough memory to, say, repair genetic code, we'd have to have one really impressive memory module built into one really tiny surface. I think full-body-repair nanites, like in TNG or in science fiction, are currently out of our range. If a new way of programming a memory circuit comes along that's small enough to exist at the molecular level, then yeah - nanites could be dropped into a human body and repair parts of it. However...I just don't think circuit-construction components even exist like that at this point in time. I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume we won't see stuff like that for at least the next 20-30 years.

Oh, and please, please, PLEASE - use some grammar and punctuation. And cut down on the adjectives. Your idea is actually pretty neat, but in its current state, it's virtually unreadable.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    An interesting idea, I'd say we'd be unlikely to see anything like this for many many many years. Having people live for an excessively long time is also a bad idea as the population would shoot through the roof, causing all kinds of problems. However the idea of having regenerating powers sounds pretty nifty and could come in handy for all kinds of things (i.e. healing cuts, repairing organs, growing back foreskin).