A theory on Jack's father

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I just thought of a theory about Jack's dad. What if he was a soldier? Could explain him 'leaving' June and Jack, why he never returned and why June worries so much when she feels things are beyond her control. Her anxiety for Jack seems to increase when she sees him 'leaving' her behind too.

Maybe Jack's dad was involved in and died fighting the Decepticons in the years prior to the start of the series? June and Jack wouldn't know what he died fighting against. Just that he fell in battle. Wouldn't it be a shocking revelation later on if they finally discovered that Jack's dad had perished fighting Cybertronians. Maybe Jack could even have a reason then to resent both the Autobots and the Decepticons for bringing their war to Earth and taking his father away from him and his mum!

2. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I can see the connection you're talking about, but honestly, who knows? Maybe Jack's father just wasn't ready to be a father, and up and left? Maybe he did die? Perhaps he was a soldier or involved in the government or something. Or maybe it's nothing extraordinary, and Jack's simply from a one-parent home. There's thousands of possibilities, and unfortunately their just won't be enough time to explore them all But that's what fanfiction is for! Anyway, I guess we won't know until the show reveals it (if they do.)

Until then, I'd like to hear everyone else's speculations, too :D  And if that does end up being the case, I'll have to give you a cookie or two for predicting it!

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I think they'd just have said "Since his father died" if it'd been something like that - I think it's something the show would be willing to do (especially considering that many breakups are traumatising to children, too).

But now that you mention it, I wonder if they have a specific purpose for that decision. Whilst I'd rather not have human dramas brought into it (I'd prefer to use the Transformers' microcosm of a society to mirror human problems - in much the same way you can get away with robo-gore, I'd use the robots to bring up ethical and humanly relevant topics once in a while, in a way that would be quite difficult to do with human characters), it could be an interesting thread for a story arc.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maybe Jack's father left America,and go to Japan marry a Japanese Woman. And that Miko was born!

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Have them build a robot boy and then you have the whole band.

I liked the Silas theory someone made, but it really doesn't work after the events of "Crisscross". My guess is he just left.

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    And then returned to america to father a child with a latino woman, before dissapearing once again.

And thus was Raf born unto the world, and knew misery. And that was before he realised that no one really likes him enough to care if he doesn't do anything in an episode. :D 

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I dunno, I'm thinking Megatron was Jack's daddy, I mean, that explains June's interest in other 30-foot-tall robots like Optimus :p 
    But really? I think that his dad just left. They said that Prime would go places no show has gone before, and with the darker tone of the show I'm betting that's the case.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    June said he left, which to me means he divorced her and left them. What else is there then that? We don't have any more evidence to work off of.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Maybe he's just a scumbag who ditched his wife and son because they are so dull.

OR he's actually Silas.

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Ever wonder how Raff can understand Bumblebee....

11. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Damns yous, I was about to say that, which would be totally messed up, considering they kidnapped the mother on his orders.

12. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I doubt he's dead, since they probably would have said so. Dead parents are pretty common in kid's fiction. Just look at Disney...two living parents are incredibly rare for their protagonists. I took June's explanation literally, that he walked out on them.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It was a one night stand in a Mexican hotel room. They were there for an international health conference. June was there because she's a nurse, Silas there to use the man made virus for biological warfare. They some how ended up in bed together.

There.

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    That was my first interpretation of June's 'left' as well: that he walked out on them. But it's so vague a word and she gives no other details to explain it.

I personally think Jack's father dying seems a better reason for June's over-protectiveness of Jack than him abandoning them. And I was thinking his father dying fighting Decepticons would be a nice way to link Jack and his mother back to the TFs without them realising it until a later revelation. It just seems like an idea that I can envision Orci & Kurtzman pursuing. I think I recall them saying before that Prime was an opportunity for them to do things that they didn't get a chance to do in the movies. Exploring the ramifications of the TFs' presence on Earth on the families of soldiers that fought them would be a different, but associated angle from the focus on the military in the movies.

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    She already said "I work in an ER, I see what happens to people" when Jack was upset about her being overprotective, although I would love it if Jack's dad were like part of a Sector 7-NEST combo that fought the Decepticons and Jack's dad died during the last Decepticon events 3 years ago. That would be interesting.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    B_O...I like that you're trying to come up with a "connection" story, but they may take the easy way out..he just left, he couldn't handle things and left..it happens. Could have been another woman or I thought about him being a soldier or government agent...but that would be too convenient....he could also be MECH. :eek: 

But in the scheme of things, I don't really care what happened to him--just want to get back to the main story of our favorite fighting Cons and Bots.

17. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm guessing he's just a bum dad who left his wife and son....

18. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

That's the vibe I'm getting as well, which to bring up a thorny topic, might be a reason that June's comment about the heels might not be a joke. I know that I'm probably looking too deeply into a one-off line and that I probably shouldn't bring that up here, but the point relates.

19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Silas is a good theory. But what if he is the "Doctor"? you know the guy who doesn't talk much.

AND Surprise Surprise !!!

The M.E.C.H Surgeon ("Doctor") and Jack Darby are voiced by the same person; Josh Keaton!

Maybe the M.E.C.H Surgeon was a real Doctor in the past working in the field of Medical Technology... might explain how June and the doctor met.

20. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

For a Thai ladyboy hooker.

- Coeloptera