A theory about Grindor

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ConeheadConvoyX, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ConeheadConvoyX

ConeheadConvoyX Banned

I've been thinking about this for a while and I have come up with this: The only reason the ROTF writers put Grindor in the movie is because they needed a helicopter and a dude for prime to beat on and they didn't want to bring back Blackout back because they want deaths to have an impact on movie-goers and not want them to think "Oh well, he died, but he can just come back in the next one, so I don't really give a $#&%." and thats the reason they didn't bring Jazz back also. The only reason they brought Megatron back is because he is one of the most ionic transformer characters ever and just about every series (At least the ones in the U.S.) have had either a megatron or galvatron. Thoughts?

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Or the more practical reason: because it was easier to just use a leftover CGI model from TF1 than to make an entirely new one no different than what Hasbro does with its toys. Considering how many 'repaints' this movie has in it, that's the answer I'm banking on.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Just like how some people look identical, Transformers have similar appearances based on the same mold. Like in Transformers Animated "Autoboot Camp" Bumblebee approaches Wasp and claims they were forged from the same mold. Plus, Blackout is a heavy duty guy, I would be surprised if Megatron ordered an entire batallion of them.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with this, I think during the war on Cybertron Megatron had steel molds to create several versions of choice warriors(this can also cover the Demolishor/Scavenger situation).

5. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

They could have thrown in a few differences though, like a new paint job, head, maybe weapons, I'm sure it wouldn't have been much of a hassle.

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Until this possibly gets explained in the special edition DVD, let's all just say it's a zombiefied Blackout. Atleast, that's what I'll be doing because Blackout was my second favorite Decepticon in the first movie.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The thing is about it, that probably the average movie goer who remembers the "big helicopter dude" from the first movie will automatically think it is him. From what I've been hearing, there isn't an explanation on who this particular character is. So in the end it won't matter whom anyone believe it is.

8. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been seeing the trailers and Grindor is pretty different from Blackout. He's bulkier and gray/silver.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Why is there a Blackout ROTF Robot Heroes toy?

10. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Most of the toys are about Grindor. There will be a voyager Grindor and a Fast Action Battlers Grindor.
    There are also toys about characters from TF1 that are not in TF2 such as :
    Deluxe Desert Brawl. May Unicron bless his soul.
    Deluxe Interrogator Barricade. Whereever he may be.

There is no Jazz toy but they repainted him as Deluxe Smokescreen. There seems to be a rule that everything must be repainted somehow.

11. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I saw Barricade at the Knollwood Target last week but he probably sold out by now LOL :D 

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The funny things is that while "Grindor" looks gray/silver in his fight with Prime (going by the trailer stills), he has a bluish tint in the "We're Gonna Die" clip which is similar to Blackout's color in the first movie. In fact, there were times in the original when Blackout's color bounced between gray/silver and blue. It seemed inconsistent.

13. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

He's possibly a different colour but I'm not even sure of that. There are no other differences physically however, it's just Blackout with a different name. Or not even that depending on what it says on your toy packaging.

It's probably not worth thinking about too much. One thing we as Transformers fans should know by now is that between characters who share molds, script changes and translations, attention sometimes falters as to who's name belongs to who.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This is true. However it is possible that due to the lighting conditions and reflections that they may be the cause. Sort of the same way Starscream if actually Silver/Grey seems to take on this golden hue at times due to the sun reflecting off of him.

15. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Whoever it is, he and Sideways are here for the same purpose.......

Cannon Fodder!...or Blade Fodder would be more appropriate.:wink: 

16. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    The reason Grindor looks like Blackout:
    They were forged from the same mold, same as most of the Constructicons and lots of protoforms at the end of ROTF.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Oh totally. Even though 99% of the most dedicated & elite TF uber fans on these forums originally mistook Grindor for being a resurrected Blackout before eventually learning about the name change, I have no doubts at all that the general movie goer will immediately be able to tell that this 'new giant helicopter guy' who looks exactly like the 'old giant helicopter guy' must be a TOTALLY different character because his indistinguishable face is slightly altered and that he's now a slightly different shade of grey/silver instead of being the original shade of blue-grey/silver from TF1. It's as clear as day.

It's curious that the Movie elite who have studied each & every character image for months and STILL can't determine who they're even looking at in various screen captures somehow expect Joe Average movie goer to spot those incredibly subtle little differences between Grindor & Blackout, but at the same time, also expect that these same general audience types will completely forget that there was already a character in TF1 named Devastator because "it was only mentioned once via a mini sub-title".

It's become extremely entertaining to watch these kind of regular contradictions get made whenever it's convenient to defending the 'do no wrong' movies. :rolleyes2 

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, they aren't made like that, they hatch from eggs.

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Simple answer. Gridor is Blackout's baby!

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

OMG Helicopter Daddy!