A theme that should have been recognized

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thanks for that little info Jeff Goldblum.

But seriously It was dumb to have Carly who never met Megatron till this movie to be the one who gives Megs the pep talk. If it was Sam it could have been funny awesome.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And then have Carly kill Dylan! :ev:  Hey, it could work. I actually kind of like that idea. Sam gives the pep talk to Megatron and Carly offs her boss.

3. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Ya man would've been so much better to have Sam talk to megs. Carly probably would've suicides dylan

4. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    actually i strongly believe that the moment with Carly and Megs, shouldve been Mikaela, that would've been Megan Fox's moment...the lines were clearly meant with her in mind...IMHO...not to mention that there was already a history between Mikaela and Megs...wouldnt have seen so BS.

5. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Ya I would've loved Megan in DOTM but some idiot fired her. Carly sucka

6. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    There wasn't much (if any) 'history' between Mikaela and Megatron. They don't share a scene together. They never interacted in Transformers. I think she may mention his name once, maybe twice. RotF? Again, other than her merely being present in the warehouse interrogation scene (which was basically "Megatron and Sam are the centre of attention, Mikaela stands in the background and looks scared for a couple of shots), practically nothing of interaction between them. Megatron doesn't even acknowledge her existence. Now, between Sam and Megatron, that's where most of the character interaction between a human and Megs took place.

But I will agree that - while I enjoyed Carly in the scene - the dialogue seemed more apt for the character of Mikaela.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I second that!
    Not only would it have played well into the theme I illustrated, but I think Carley taking care of Dylan so that BB could destroy Cybertron would be poetic.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's the American Dream isn't it? Wanting to kill your boss. Maybe it wasn't done because it would've been too on the nose and obvious. But then this is a Bay movie. It's pretty much always on the nose. Or up it. Or something to do with orifices.
    But at least we could've had Carly go "I quit" and then off Dylan. Or he goes "You're fired" and then she replies "No, you're fired" and shoots him". It's just Bay hacky enough to work.

Mirror it with Sam telling Megatron not to quit.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm sure Sam will get his own religion one of these day. Resist a great evil and come back from the dead normally gets you that sort of thing. Perhaps the religion on Futurama because the robots talk about robot heaven on there a lot.

At least Sam will always have his tee shirt that says "I saved the Earth, came back from the dead, and all I got was this lousy tee shirt".

10. ArceeMe

ArceeMe =^.^=

lmao! ^.^

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    You'd have thought Sam would've been coining the hell out of his involvement with the TF after RotF.

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, not much for subtlety.

Honestly, those "I quit"/"You're fired" examples were exactly what I had in mind when I was envisioning the sequence. It's so cheesy, but it'd work...and I'm sure Bay would've definitely put them in.

"I just saved a whole other world! Think of the possibilites, Carly! I'll be a king! And you...?"
    "What about me?"
    "You can be my queen."
    "Never, you sick b@stard."
    "Fair enough. You're fired."
    "No. YOU'RE fired!"
    *smack* *electrocution*

It could totally work. Just switch Sam/Carly's positions in the final meeting; Sam comes with the soldiers and Carly gets out of Bumblebee.