A TF-themed amusement park attraction?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, let's say the people at Disney worked out a deal with Hasbro (or Six flags, or Universal, or Cedar Fair...you pick) and decided they were going to put in a Transformer-themed attraction at one of their parks. As an aside, I think Disney MGM Studios would be a great match, as Disney already has a good relationship with Hasbro.

Anyway, what do you think a TF attraction would be like? I'd like to see a roller coaster, similar to Six Flag's "X", but enclosed. The coaster not only does the usual barrel rolls and loops of a flying coaster, but each car also spins along the coaster's axis. There would be video screens, either mounted to each person's seat or, more likely, throughout the ride, similar to 'Spider-Man' at Universal. As you're brought up the initial lift hill, a video of Optimus would appear, explaining that you are testing a new piece of Transformers technology, allowing humans use specially designed equipment to transform. Beware, though, because Megatron is also seeking this technology to aid his allies on Earth. Then, as you fly through the coaster experience, you'll get various shots of battles being waged, and audio telling you to 'dive!' or 'barrel roll!' Laser lights and other effects would also come into play. At the end of the ride, you get thanked by Optimus for securing this technology for the future. Then, of course, you'd exit to a shop selling TF: The ride merchandise and photos of you on the ride.

Any other ideas?

-Tony!

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    It would have to be universals theme park since they do alot of marvel stuff I'd expect it to be there. Anyway I play rollarcoaster tycoon sometimes and yes I name the coasters after transformers. ride "skids". eat at "sludges bronto burgers" and visit the restroom I named "ironhide"

3. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But Disney has Star Tours and Indiana Jones, Six Flags has all the DC comics stuff, and I'd bet that Cedar Point wouldn't mind getting a hot licensed property, either. Plus, Universal is probably pouring most of their resources into Harry Potter right now.

4. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screens and voices and stuff are bull, if someone made a Transformers attraction it better damn well have full-scale animatronics.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Oh right. Harry Potter world. I saw the maniac designing that thing on tv one day.
    Creepy..weird creepy. that monstrosity will tremendously consume universals powers.

Cedar Point sounds great. from what I gather from the discovery channel its one of the best theme parks specifically for coasters So yeah put the transformers coaster in a actually nice theme park that's engineers know how to build big fast metal coasters as opposed to little dark enclosed hydraulically seated movies.

6. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

I've been trying to find my RCT to make a Transformers park!
    ...but to no avail.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It'd be sweet if they came up with an entire theme park devoted to Transformers. I'd really go for that. Nice idea of a roller coaster ride though, Omegatron1.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Kings Island in Cincinnati is owned by Paramount. I could easily see them eventually making a Transformers-themed ride-- they've got rides themed off of several of their other movies.

9. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

I once thought of a ride based off the Autobot City battle from TFTM '86. It would be a motion ride like Back To The Future... The Ride at Universal, the movie all CGI with an animatronic Bumblebee as your guide through Autobot City. One point would have Rumble & Frenzy shaking the "vehicle" you're in. Near the end Devastator would throw you and Optimus would come in and save you before he fought Megatron.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Similar the the spider-man ride at universal. You would ride in an autobot and avoid decepticons while viewing the the battle as it closes in on you. At one point in the ride a gun might pop out of the vechicle you are in and shoot at the decepticons. Since the allspark would be gone this could possibly involve energon. Hopefully the ride would feature a new Autobot and decepticon that new toys of the characters could be purchased in the gift shop after the ride.

11. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Paramount has a theme park: King's Dominion. I don't know how many there are, but there's one in Richmond, VA.

If they did a movie themed coaster, it would likely go there.

12. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

if they do one of those interactive 3-d rides, they could totally make the cars like the S7 dune buggies in the movie only you know... with more seats

13. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I was just thinking the same thing - Just visited the park for the first time on Sunday with another board member and it was a blast....

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's also Paramount's Great America in Santa Clara, CA.

It's where Beverly Hills Cop 3 was filmed.

15. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Assimilate, damn it. You live in VA now. You care not for things California!!!!! [Jedi hand wave]

16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's fricken hard to! :lol 

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:

*steals your idea*

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm down for "Megan Fox: The Ride".

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

19. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't believe Paramount owns any of the theme parks any more. Cedair Fair Ltd (operator of Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, and others) bought them from Viacom last year. They now have a theme park monopoly in Ohio, and moved 'X' from Geauga Lake to King's Island and renamed it 'Firehawk.'

-Tony!

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I think Universal Hollywood HAD a Transformers attraction or show once ages ago, didn't they?...

Anyhoo, I'd like to see a whole 'land' area of the park devoted to TFs. Call it the Iacon Exchange; the entrance gates to the land would be built like the old Marvel Space Bridge, and the second you get in there you see a big ol' copper statue of WW Optimus Prime with a base that reads that funky Cybertronian "Till All Are One" 'easter egg' built inside the Chamber of Ancients in WW Vol. 1. Maybe some statues of Sentinel Prime and Alpha Trion too somewhere. Maccadam's could be a genuine watering hole for the guests with a sign out front that says "We Now Serve To Humans!"

For live performers to interact with the crowd, a mixture of people dressed up as Action Masters or, if you can find a way to do it, build some actual transforming costumes for some Micromasters. If they did this at Universal, this could be fun since the park goes all-out for Halloween and they could re-do the whole area as if it were taken over by minions of Unicron.

For rides, three I can think of that are necessary IMO: a Dinobot vs. Sharkticon water ride, some sort of tracked "Roller" ride which ends with the riders getting their butts picked up out of the fray by Optimus Prime himself, and at least one motion-simulator ride (maybe aboard an Autobot shuttle or something) patterned after Universal's Spider-Man ride which involves a simulator cab on a track and live effects as well as the 3D stuff. And in all cases, you've GOT to have full-scale animatronics - you can't build a Transformers attraction and NOT have full-sized robots. :thumb