a TF crossover with Gundam!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfprime32, Dec 2, 2011.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    what about a TRansformers crossover with Gundam??? live action movie or cartoon????

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Give us a good live-action Gundam movie first, then we'll talk.

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    good point! but have they did a live action gundam movie before?

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that's why he said good live action gundam movie

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    In addition to there having to be a good North American live-action following for Gundam, you also have to take into consideration that the average Gundam mobile suit is over twice the size of Optimus Prime in the movies (18 meters to around 8), so interaction between them would seem awful one-sided.

Also, every Gundam universe follows a very similar basic story, one that Transformers have no real place in. I just don't really see a point to having Transformers, giant alien robots, interacting with Gundams, much larger human mech vehicles.

So pretty much any attempt at a crossover would have to change the entire Gundam theme and piss of Gundam fans. As a fan of both, I can't see this ever happening and really hope it never does.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You would either have to really power down the Gundams or power up the Transformers because from the series I've watched some of the Gundams are sporting some insanely powerful weapons, crazy speed, and can take loads more damage than the Transformers.

7. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i agree! but would it be cool though if they make it! so no prime and no megs just the regural scouts from bout sides like bb,baracade,huffer,etc. and the leader could be ironhide and for the descepticons soundwave or shockwave!
    and the good gundam go with the autobots and the bad ones go with decepticons! and there goal is to a. rule the world or something and b. to get a key to wake up Shadow Camander!

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You know this kind of proposition simplifies the complexities and gray areas of Gundam to the point of absurdity, right?

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

gundam toys make by bandai
    tf toys make by hasbro
    hasbro and bandai are rivials in toys

10. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but they could do a special edition thing..............! if hasbro and bandai wants to!
    will you buy the toys and if prime and the main guy from Gundam combine???

11. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

There's multiple main guys from Gundam...

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd rather have a tf movie with humans with "mecha's" kind'a like a thing like "mech" or what ever it's called, from Prime. and have them create robots from the fallen transformers. there are a LOT now. and it'd be a neat way expand the series. *it'd be technically headmasters after all*

Humans with giant robots would be neat!

but a cross over with gundam, would be pretty unnecessary. if you are going to combine any robot anime, combine macross or something. at least it has SOMETHING in common with transformers, rather then just robots. :lol 

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Seeing as how I hate Gundam, and nearly all Mecha anime, I say a huge "HELL NO!"

14. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Fixed.Hate to say it.....but I don't know what Gundam is.....I just don't watch alot of Japanese shows....sorry.:) 

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Outside of people living in Japan it's pretty hard for anyone to be up on all things Gundam. It started back in 1979 so that's a huge amount of Gundam series for someone to catch up on if they just had to see it all. It really isn't helped by the series are only occasionally shown on US television and places like Netflix never seems to put any of the Gundam series on instant play.

I guess US companies aren't too sure how to handle it. The huge mechs with their rather bold colors seems like something that would appeal to kids but the writing is more adult with characters actually getting killed in bad ways which could be shocking for the younger kids.

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    The main difference is that here in North America, autonomous, sentient robots are the popular thing. In Japan, it's giant mechs piloted by humans.

This is kind of like mixing Star Wars with Star Trek; it sounds like a good idea at first, but given any amount of thought you realize it could never work without sacrificing key elements of either series.

17. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    That's one of the resons why Unicron trilogy sucked. They simply CAN'T write for transformers as characters because they are used to robots being machines and humans being the main characters.

Now I LOVE me some Gundam, Gurren Lagann, GaoGaiGar and other mecha shows but mixing them with TF isn't a good idea.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS.

I thought for sure that you were going to say "Give us a good live-action Transformers movie first, then we'll talk". :lol 

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Crossovers work best when you take two fairly different franchises and put them together (although superhero team-ups may be the exception to that, but then they work well within the same universe as a concept anyway). Taking two giant warrior robot franchises and chucking them together would just be a giant robot movie to the general public and also both franchises would probably not be done enough justice to satisfy the fandoms of either.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    We... don't like to talk about G-savior... It was... unfortunate.

This, unfortunately. Takara/Hasbro and Bandai are direct competitors (which is a same, because there was a time they worked together), and as both use media to heavily market their toys, it would be difficult to get them to work together on a crossover project, as they'd likely approach it with two different agendas.