A supervisor at work is wearing a Mike Vick jersey.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sludge, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I work overnight in a mailroom as a machine technician. I am not employed by this company, I work in their building and service their machines. One of the floor supervisors is sporting his vick jersey tonight. I went up to him and said "You got guts wearing that out in public". He replied "there ain't nothin wrong with dog fighting". I wanted to punch him in his head! It's a sad reflection of societys mentality towards dog fighting.

2. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

sad.
    you should give him a "free cookie"

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I'm pretty embarrassed to be a Falcon fan right now. And that's saying something being that I've survived some pretty shitty seasons over the past 25 years...

4. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    No way... Not even Starscream's Brigade would accept that piece of garbage! :tongue: 

5. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I thought this would be about "A supervisor at work is wearing a Mike & Ike shirt."

:p 

6. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I was surpised that Vick was doin that kinda stuff. Thats what happens when you have talent you think you can do what you want. Thats sad.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Huh. I thought it was illegal.

8. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I'd prefer if it were legal myself. Regardless, I'd never enter my own dog into such a thing. Especially when it might be killed or harmed in all those different manners.

9. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I really don't care about the dogs fighting because that happens anyway. But the electricution and drowning of the losers wasn't cool in my book.

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Understand this, Falcons fans are sick about this and want Vick booted off the team. Hell, I wanted him out 2 years ago when it became painfully apparent that a: he lacks the heart to buckle down and learn an NFL caliber offense
    b: he is about 1 to 2 seconds behind on his reads on a passing play.
    c: the guy actually thinks he's in the same league as Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady etc as a QB.

When the Falcons drafted Vick, we suddenly inherited a legion of Vick-huggers. These guys think the man can walk on water, and it's EVERYONE else's fault that we are always near dead last in passing while Vick is at QB. We've fired coaches, brought in big name FA WR's, simplified offensive gamebooks, molded the offense around Vick but still the passing game is pathetic. But don't dare suggest that the QB is the problem to the Vick worshiper. Now on top of all his on the field issues, we have all of his off the field issues that bring embarrassment to the franchise/fanbase. Now Falcon fans have to listen to the Vick huggers make bright statements like "there's nothing wrong with dogfighting", and "people are out to get Vick" etc etc.

This Falcon fan cannot wait for the day when Vick is shipped off and he can take his legions of "fans" with him.

11. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

Dogs fighting in the wild is one thing.

Dogs being pumped with steroids, abused, put through torture, brought near death and back again - only to be drowned or electrocuted if they lose the fight (IF they don't bleed to death from their injuries)... yeah. No.

12. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

I used to Dog fight. I was pretty good, but I got sick of getting bit.

I kicked loads of tail though.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got to agree with you. It is indeed a sad reflection of modern society to support blood support. I don't follow America football but Vick is considered a "role model" of sorts and should be more responsible for his actions.

14. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i hope vic gets the boot... you shoulda said your pathetic

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

You guys should make him fight some other dude in the parking lot and electrocute the loser.

16. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

You should have asked him if his O.J. Simpson jersey was at the cleaners.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the local late-night talk radio hosts here has been having a lot of discussion about the Micheal Vick story since the indictment earlier this week and, while the host is completely against Vick, it's amazing how many of the callers are phoning in to excuse/support Vick; on the night the indictment story broke, the support:against ratio was generally running about 50:50. Memorable callers have included:

"It's a cultural thing and you should be more sensitive."
    "There's nothing wrong with dog fighting."
    "Dog fighting and hunting are exactly the same; hunting is legal, so dog fighting should be legal."
    "It's too extreme to consider firing/suspending Vick for just this one incident." (ignoring all the other 'incidents' of various things)
    "If Vick is suspended/fired, it'll have a negative impact on the Falcons."

18. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

And this guy's a supervisor? Oh yay...

Ya think? Actually, maybe him being kicked outta football for the rest of his miserable existence might snap the Falcons back to reality again where football is still a team sport and your quarterback doesn't win the damned Superbowl all by himself anymore. I can't say his behavior was surprising, he was a felony waiting to happen at Virginia Tech. I guess now that he's a "pro" that he felt he was above soceity's laws or something.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

People who Jerseys are bravely simply for their choice in fashion so this doesn't really surprise me.