A special place reserved...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORIO, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ashley__

ashley__ Team Boo.

Any word on if the mother was charged for anything? She clearly neglected her own child and put her in harm's way by allowing that monster to be near the baby again.

2. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Listen up, all you screwballs out there. If you're going to go for this whole murder-suicide thing, can you do us all a favor? Kill yourself first. Seriously. Just aim for your own skull first.

This guy has no soul. I don't care what happens to him, but I hope it hurts REAL bad.

3. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well honestly, do you have any idea how bad it gets?

Dad Accused of Eating Son's Eyes Not Fit for Trial - KTLA

That'll give you nightmares for a while.

Here's something Richard Dawkins said:

"The total amount of suffering in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute it takes me to say these words, thousands of animals are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, feeling teeth sink into their throats. Thousands are dying from starvation or disease or feeling a parasite rasping away from within. There is no central authority; no safety net. For most animals the reality of life is struggling, suffering and death."

And unfortunately, too many people get to suffer as well. It's overwhelming, the sheer scale of the horrors being inflicted on thousands of people every moment.

If you could truly comprehend it, you'd curl up and weep for the rest of your life. Trust me, I know this thing. I have shown an 8-year-old drowning victim to his parents before we even embalmed and cosmetized him, I've helped re-assemble a 4-month miscarried fetus that had to be removed, piecemeal, to save the mother's life, so the parents could see it. I have been certified to counsel parents who have lost a child to SIDS.

So really, being exposed to this, one develops a bit of a thicker skin about it. It's that or break down.

- Coeloptera

4. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

Having a thick skin and just being ignorant are two different things.

Stories like this happen all the time and people handle it differently. I personally don't cry or anything but it's not cool at all to make a joke, no matter how damn thick your skin is. If this was your kid, you wouldn't want some moron on the net making jokes about it. That's the point.

Show some respect. It's a dead baby. No one cares that this doesn't make you feel anything but joking about it really makes you look like an inconsiderate, disgusting human being.

5. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

Thick skins can be very short hops away from total disconnect. I'd rather break down if doing so makes me more tactful and compassionate. I'm sure you didn't intend any malice by joking, but would you still joke if the family of the baby were reading this thread? It's about basic human empathy, here.

There's a time and a place.....

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Y'know...just pointing this out, but if I recall, this isn't the first time you've sniped at me.

Cut it out. Stalker. :) 

That aside, this is in no way special, I think is my point. Happens all the time, and far, far worse. This instance just happened to make the news. it doesn't make it any better, but I'm also not going to be broken up by an event that is reproduced, in all its honest horror, across this world uncountable times.

One cannot cry for all the children, so I don't pretend to.

- Coeloptera

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have seen some horrible things in my line of work.
    It is amazing the depth of some peoples evil.
    I am a father of 2 beautiful little girls. My heart breaks at the thought of them being hurt.
    I have never understood how someone can lay a violent hand on a child.

The person in the article will be placed in PC (Protective custody) for the rest of his life. Unfortunatley there are people in PC who follow orders from those outside.
    This man will not live long. If he does it will be a life filled with horror and misery. Chances are he will end his own life.

8. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What that man did is sick. But I have to agree with Kickback and Elita One, the complete lack of action on the part of the mother to remove the child from such an abusive situation before hand is just as wrong. Any parent who sees their child in an abusive household and does nothing to remove them and protect them does not deserve to be a parent and should be made unable to have more children.

My own father made the mistake of physically abusing me once when I was three. We were gone the next day, as soons as he'd left for work. That's how a true parent acts. That poor child's mother showed absolutely no compassion for that defenceless baby who had no one else to protect her.

I'm not a violent man by nature, but I hope that someone in prison makes that sick fuck pay every damn day for what he did. And the mother should be reminded daily of just how badly she failed her daughter.

9. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

?

Your username actually doesn't ring any bells. At all. So yeah, either you consider two posts towards you in one thread 'stalking' or you're one of those people who don't get out much so you remember things from ages ago. I'm hoping it's choice #1 because I honestly don't remember your name at all besides this thread. Just pointing this out.

;) 

Also, Kickback, it's about time we agree on something, broski. <3