A Soundwave comparison, if you please?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by necrocron9, May 22, 2008.

1. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting a reissue of Soundwave. Can anybody tell me if there is a big difference between the Encore reissue and the ToysRUs remake? I know one comes with an extra cassette.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    They're completely different. The TRU Soundwave uses the Soundblaster mold, as the original Soundwave mold was lost, meaning his Tape Door is twice as thick. The Encore, however, uses a reconstructed version of the original Soundwave's chest.

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I like TRU Soundwave better. Book-style box, plus Ravage, all for $30. One of my favs.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I gotta agree on the Toys R Us version. They used the Soundblaster mold (which can store two cassettes in the chest compartment) and it came in a great box, with Ravage as the extra cassette. I just bought one off of our Kitbash boss, REDLINE, here on the TFW2005 forums. I can't say enough good things about it. It's truly a great reissue.........although the Encore version does have one sexy box based closely off of the original G1 box.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I used to have the TRU reissue but really hated the protruding chest. I ended up buying the Encore Soundwave because the chest is flushed. The packaging is also very nice with the retro feel. But like you mentioned, the TRU set does come with Ravage.

If the chest doesn't bother you then you should get the TRU set. But for me personally, it bothered me enough that I sold mine and went Encore.

6. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking about getting a TRU Soundwave now that the news has come out about a new Ravage being made that fits in his chest.

I mean, I have a MIB G1 Soundwave, but having a "Classics" Soundwave to display with Ravage would be nice.

7. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My question is if Encore Soundwave is unique in anyway from other faithful reissues and any of the G1 molds.

Starscream had the decepticon symbols painted on (finally!) and Prime also had the autobot symbol painted on.

So far, I have been unable to decipher if Megatron or Soundwave have new paint-apps, mold changes.

Any help would be appreciated!

8. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

one difference I noticed is the encore has a lighter shade of blue plastic used

9. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

I was always confused by Hasbro's decision to do this. So is this ravage going to be so thick that he takes up the entire two cassette thick chest?

I guess I am just curious as to how this ravage will be unique from the one that was already included with Commemorative edition Soundwave from TRU.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    From the pictures at Botcon, the 25th Ravage that comes with the Hound has a completely different transformation, his legs move out to the side so they looks more like the animation model. The slide made it look as though the tape mode was done differently to the original - a very small tradeoff for a nicer jaguar mode.
    I was under the impression from the picture that he's the same size in tape mode as Rumble or Laserbeak and not double width - only saw the one shot, though, and the picture showed the tape mounted on Hound's jeep mode. It didn't seem to be too thick.

11. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

well that's sounds cool. Thanks for that info. I wonder if Hasbro is considering altering any of his other minions in a similar fashion.

12. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Any body hav any pictures of the new Ravage?

13. djstarscream

djstarscream g1 nut

i have both of them ide get the encour 1