A Smallville Valentines (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gears, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to say I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would. Man, Lois was smokin! She was also hilarious. Loved the Whitesnake mix cd. :lol  The part when Clark and Lois flew across the city was awesome. At the end of the episode we find out that Lex and his Doctor know something sinister about Lana's pregnancy. Also it's safe to say that Lana now knows that Clark is impervious to stabbings. Next week, does the truth finally come out?

2. northerncrowe

northerncrowe Well-Known Member

Yeah... used to be a smallville fan (especially when they got away from the monster of the week formula) but the shining moments have been few and far between since the Vampire Lana episode. (It was done by one of my fav writers too.)

Now tension is created by taking off shirts. It's time to end it.

3. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    I've watched from the start, I love the direction it's going. My wife got me into it, and i've been hooked ever since. Shame this might be the last season, so I hear anyways.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I watched the first half, anyone wanna spoil the second half for me?
    How does Lois forget the little jump across the roof tops.
    What happens to the tattoo?
    What's up with the Lexana bebe?

Merci

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) The usual way. The Red K aphrodisiac is counteracted with a Green K antidote, and Lois conveniently forgets the whole thing.
    2) The tattoo was temporary
    3) Clark crashes the party and reveals rather unceremoniously to the whole group of party-goers that Lana is pregnant.

The major "revelation" comes at the end. Clark kidnaps Lana from the party, and there's a big confrontation between him and Lex, culminating in Lex desperately grabbing a big chisel and trying to stab Clark with it. Clark's mom conveniently shows up with a rock of Kryptonite (out of the view of Lex and Lana, though), causing him to reel in pain the moment the chisel should have driven into his side, and Lana helps carry an injured Lex out of the barn. However, in the retreat, she sees the chisel out of the corner of her eye, which is all bent up and not blood-covered. Somewhere between this point and the end of the episode, she retrieved that chisel, as she's seen taking it out of a hiding place in her drawer.

Beyond that, the episode served to dredge up a lot of the hidden emotions and motives behind Lex, Lana, and Clark. Lana returned kidnapper-Clark's kiss, showing that even in his moment of madness, she still held some feelings for him. When Lex showed up, Clark tells Lana that Lex only wants her as a trophy wife, recounting the times when Lex has felt envious of Clark's life and wants all the good things he's had, muddying the whole engagement thing further. And Martha at the end gives Clark a little lecture, telling him that he should learn to live for himself more, instead of for others, bottling up all his feelings inside and hiding from the world all the time.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I haven't seen the teasers for next week, but I doubt it. They'll probably take a few episodes off without mentioning it before building up to the season finale.

Good episode, it was fun. Good plot reveals at the end, and there's definitely a sense that they're building to the series endgame.