A small question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ~Insert Name~, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ~Insert Name~

~Insert Name~ Constructicon

I hate to ask something stupid, but I'm curious. What is the difference between the Nemesis Prime HTS is selling and BBTS and TFSource are selling, beside twenty dollars....Anything?

2. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Which NP?

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you're talking about the SDCC '08 repaint of the Classics Prime, nothing at all. TFSource and BBTS charge that markup because they've gotta buy the suckers from Hasbro like everyone else at the same or close to same price.

4. ~Insert Name~

So I am correct in assuming that being I just bought the one from HTS for twenty (with the code) that I just saved myself from spending twenty extra dollars?

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    yes.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Most definitely. ^_^

Though, just a warning if you're a MISB'er. I hear horror stories about how HTS packs their shipments.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

Unless packaging matters. Then HTS may or may not be the best route. 3 of the 5 I got in had some damage... Nothing overly terrible, though. (before anyone calls me a scalper- 3 went to international fans at-cost, the other one stayed within the US and was sold at-cost, the last one is mine)

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

SCALPER!!!!1!!1 :lol 

None of my handful of HTS orders have suffered from the atrocious amount of damage others have mentioned. I'm not sure what makes things so much worse for others, just luck of the draw I suppose. Unless you're going to AFA the thing, paying an extra $20+ for a guaranteed mint box when you may get one mint from HTS anyway isn't worth it.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These horror stories are few and far in between methinks. I've ordered from HTS many times and each and everytime I've got my orders in nice condition boxes. Are they packaged bullet proof like TFSource or even BBTS? No, but better than good enough.

10. ~Insert Name~

Actually i'm not a MISB'er, I got it so I have it for when my Shadow Commander set shows up:) 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    yep your right....HTS is the cheapest place to get the figures.

12. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HTS is the best way to get Nemesis Prime...just hope you don't get a package like this:

(Image is not mine, another user posted this when NP first started shipping)
    [​IMG]

But in my personal experience, the packaging that I got from HTS orders have been better than stores...

13. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Wow that box got one hell of a beat down. I've ordered from HTS several times and all my stuff has come to me looking very nice (off the shelf or better).

14. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've only ordered a few things from HTS, and I've only had one problem from them. The figure I got that was mishandled was classics Grimlock. The card was stuffed into a box that was too small which ended up bowing the card. If the figure you want is coming off the card or out of the box hts is a bargain, otherwise go with a service like bbts that will tell you what you're getting before you get it. Besides, bbts' customer service is spotless. While trying to get someone on the phone or by e-mail from hts that actually knows anything besides the date and how to charge your card is near impossible.

15. ~Insert Name~

Well I'll actually be taking it out of the box. I'm getting it for the shadow commander set I preordered. :D 

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Does HTS have warehouses throughout the country or one central location? Because I get mine from within the state (Mechanicsburg, PA).

So far, they've shipped pretty well with me. Not as immaculately packed as TFSource, but good enough that it wasn't an issue.