A small problem with my Animated Blurr fig

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Galaxy Convoy, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

So yesterday I actually stumbled across an Animated Blurr fig at TRU. Naturally I bought it, seeing as how I'd never seen one before in the area. Anyway, I'm having an issue with his transformation, more specifically his arms.

When going into robot mode his right arm folds up and clicks into place just fine and comes back out easily. But there seems to be something wrong with his left arm. I fold it up and it just will not click into the cavity in his chest easily at all. It takes some decent force to get it click in. Likewise, when trying to pull it back out it just won't budge. I have to pry it out with a small screwdriver because pulling on the arm just causes it pop off the ball joint.

Anyone else have this problem with their Blurr? Or any thoughts on what the problem is?

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't have a problem with my Blurr. Have you checked any of the video reviews to see if you are transforming him correctly?

3. Galaxy Convoy

Yeah, I've watched both Peaugh's and Vangelus' reviews. Far as I can tell I'm not doing anything wrong.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I know what the problem is. You've got to put it in thumb first, then push in the rest of the hand.

Don't know why though, but that works.

5. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    :spam 

blurrs are shipping with the new repaints weve been getting. maybe new blurrs have this problem?

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't let these guys fool you Galaxy Convoy, those arms can be a real bugger to get into place. But I think Sage's advice is the best. You got to get that thumb in first then the rest will come into place, with a little force.

7. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

yeah it takes a bit to get in there for me too. like everyone said, you'd just have slide the front portion of the arm and push. i've sweated a few times jamming those arms in.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Mine is the same way from way back when.

Transforming it a few times did help a bit.

9. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I ordered a Blurr from BBTS the other day and it was a pre-order just a few weeks ago, so I am assuming its from the new wave. I'm gonna save my Blurr for Christmas to open, but if it has this problem I'll be sure to post here.

10. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

You're talking about robot mode not alt mode right?

In robot mode, my Blurr's right shoulder is the same way. Goes in, but doesn't click into place and pops back out a little. It stays up there without clicking in, but there's a visible gap. I've had him for a long time now and transformed him plenty of times, it hasn't gotten any better, so I don't know what to tell you about a fix.

11. Galaxy Convoy

Yeah. I think the other suggestions misread my post. There's no problem fitting his arms into place when transforming into alt mode. It's folding that black piece up, that the ball joint is attached to, into the side of his chest in robot mode.

I've transformed him a couple times now and it's seemed to have loosened up a little. Upon closer inspection it appears that square-shaped peg, which I assume plugs into a spot inside the chest cavity, is slightly misshapen. I'll have to try and slightly file it down for a better fit.