A single specific scene you "knew" was going to be in the movie, but didn't.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The quotations on "knew" imply "you assumed", rather than actual knowing.

Upon finding out that Megatron was the tanker truck, I "KNEW" that we'd see Megatron and Optimus collide head first in alt-form for one of their battles in the movie. I also "knew" that Sentinel Prime would die at the end, though I thought by sacrificing himself to stopping Shockwave and his evil machinations (whatever evil plot device of doom it would be). I also "knew" that Shockwave's personality was going to damn-near replicate G1's Shockwave.

God damn, fun times with the earlier speculation.

2. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Not really specific scenes but:

When I first saw the Decepticon fighters in the trailers, I "knew" the fighters were actually just humanoid drones with no transformation capabilities. I also "knew" one of the Autobots would down a Decepticon fighter and salvage its parts to donate to Optimus; in my defense, I didn't see anything in the trailers to support that he had a freaking jetpack all to himself. Everything was too fast for me to see.

I "knew" there would be Crankcase clones. I also "knew" there would be no dreads on the Dreads, because that's just silly (I'm just kidding, I love the Dreads and their dreads.)

We all "knew" there was gonna be a truce.

EDIT: I also "knew" Devastator would be a badass.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I "knew" that there would be more Autobot scenes in ROTF, and the Decepticons would have more lines and character. I "knew" that The Fallen was going to be this ultimate mysterious master of darkness and evil. I "knew" that I was going to hate Jetfire because he was a lot of comic relief.

I "knew" that Sentinel would die, but in a sacrificial way to help Optimus. I "knew" that the other Autobots and Decepticons would get the shit again. I "knew" I would hate Malkovich and Jerry Wang. I "knew" that the Wreckers would be redneck "stereotypes" like the Twins were. And I "knew" that DOTM would be another pile of shit like ROTF.

I was wrong.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i "Knew" the twins would be in DOTM (well in fact they are still in the movie, but you know what i mean)

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I knew that we'd get a scene of construction vehicle transforming to individual robots, then combining.

I can't hate on what we got, but a team of robots would have been better for the 8 year old in me.

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I "knew" there'd me a new combiner. Instead, we got a worm.

Remember that rumour?

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I "knew" that Ironhide would fight hordes of dreads in Chicago. Ironhide never made it Chicago.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I "knew" we'd get a scene of Optimus and Sentinel teaming up against a horde of Decepticons, fighting back-to-back, a la Iron Man 2 (and one of the early rumours said that a supposed trailer featured this footage, so my hopes were only heightened).

I "knew" Megatron would *WHOOSH!* his cape, like caped villains usually do.

I "knew" that Optimus' opening transformation would be super awesome (even though I was rather let down by his transformation in Chernobyl, compared to the other opening Optimus transformations).

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I "knew" we would get a good Megatron vs. Optimus

I "knew" Shockwave would be a good character.

I "knew" we would have a fight in the moon

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I "knew" The Dreads would fight the Wreckers.

I "knew" the Dreads would rampage across the movie, only perishing in the final battle [they were a One-Scene Wonder instead].

I "knew" Shockwave was going to betray everyone.

I "knew" Sentinel was going to die in Optimus' arms as a hero [oh the irony].

I "knew" Megatron would have a final stand.

I "knew" Laserbeak would be a boring character [boy, how utterly WRONG I was on this one].

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I "knew" Mirage would have a scene of him cloaking for battle.

12. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I 'knew' sentinel would be captured by shockwave to do some nefarious plan using cerebro shells.

I mean, I watched them film the base betrayal scene. When I saw the explosions, I thought that was shockwave and not ironhide, followed by sentinel leaving everyone as nest hugged the wall shooting invisible shockwave.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I "Knew" Sentinel would suck as a villain. I also "New" the Autobots would be exiled at the end of the film. I "knew" that Shockwave would kick Megatron into the background and that he would be overthrow Megatron.