A Shocking Thing about RID/TFP.Heavy Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Sep 18, 2017.

1. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Its really sad to know that this fanbase has members who get stuck on one incarnation or series and won't let go.

I feel bad for Adam. Good people are trying to ask him questions but then he's gotta deal with Prime Fanboys (brothers and sisters of the Gee-whun virus) who don't appreciate his hard @$$ work.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Honestly for the better. Ratchet's inclusion was kind of neat at first glance, but he was wholly pointless, and kept repeating the same catchphrase in situations that like, barely called for it. Plus Soundwave's lost pretty much everything that made him cool. And I mean everything: his sleek, unique design, his vow of silence, his use of repeating other's phrases to communicate. Plus he doesn't have Starscream for him to act as a foil to, so yeah. Kind of everything.

At the end of the day, I prefer seeing RID's characters' develop into their own show, and if I wanted to see the Prime cast I'd honestly just rewatch Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AirjitzuRonin

Thank you bruh! You are a legend!

4. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Nailed it.

5. Bumblebeechen

Bumblebeechen New Member

Thanks to everyone who\'s chimed in here, and special thanks to those who chimed in with words of support, even if you don\'t happen to be a fan of RID. They\'re appreciated. Transformers is lucky to have such passionate fans, and everyone who works on Transformers-related projects knows it.

A couple thoughts:

1) To the person who maintains and updates this site - I\'m usually happy to answer questions. However, if you\'re asking questions for the purpose of publishing the answers on another site, you really should let me know that prior to asking the questions. It\'s just a courtesy. I might have answered some questions differently, or not answered some questions at all.

2) I chose to answer some questions on my website because it was too difficult to answer them on Twitter in the limited space it offers.

3) I chose to answer some questions on my website because I love \"behind the scenes,\" \"making of,\" and \"director\'s commentary\"-type stuff and I know others do, too. I did some \"writer\'s commentary\" stuff on my own for the issues of Batman Beyond I wrote a few years ago for DC and put \'em up on YouTube for that reason. Pretty quickly, the overwhelming majority of RID questions I received on my site became either, \"When are we going to see this character?\" and \"What about the Prime storylines?\" or variations thereof. And it was clear the questioners weren\'t reading previous answers to similar questions, so I found myself answering the same things over and over. I did my best to maintain civility, but eventually I did get sarcastic with an answer quoted above, and even got pretty snarky with a questioner. The questioner in question called me on it, and he/she was right to do so. I apologized for my response and published it on my page.  I need to remember that I should respond to questions as though the person asking were sitting right across from me, and I shouldn\'t answer with anything other than what I would say to someone\'s face.  Now, my answers on the website tend to be a little terser - \"I don\'t know,\" and \"wait and see\" are the biggies - but I don\'t mean them in a grumpy way. Picture me smiling warmly while saying it to your face.

4) I\'m not in any way trying to pass the buck on anything about the show to Hasbro. Yes, they have the money that produces the show, so ultimately they the say, but they hire me and everyone else because they want our creative input - not just to execute their corporate plan. We all had input into what RID was going to be, and no one was left participating reluctantly. We all agreed enthusiastically to the show\'s intention, tone, style and voice, so its success or failure doesn\'t belong to any one person. And Hasbro is a business, yes, but the people in charge of the TF franchise care deeply about the characters and lore. I\'ve been there. I\'ve met them. I\'ve seen them working on concepts for new toys. I\'ve worked out stories with them. Take it from me, they love everything about Transformers as much as, if not more than, the rest of us do. They want to create kick-ass stories and characters for all ages, and they work darn hard to do it.

5) I don\'t have a problem with people not liking our show - It doesn\'t offend me. I\'m a big boy who grew up as a fan of TV and comics, and I know that no show, comic or character is going to be loved by everyone. There are shows and comics and characters I don\'t like, and I know my opinion on those things is just that - an opinion. Not a fact. 

6) I\'m going to take a minute to stand up for the writers who worked on RID, because someone in the thread intimated that we had bad writers or somesuch, or at least not up to the standard of DC\'s shows. In fact, many of our writers (including me) have worked on a lot of (and even been head writers for) the DC shows that were cited, as well as other outstanding (in my opinion) shows. Ultimately, I am responsible for the voice of our show, and the scripts. I choose the writers (carefully) and give them their assignments. I review and approve every story and every line of dialogue. So if you have a problem with the writing, it\'s not because Hasbro can\'t afford to hire the best writers, or the best writers are busy. We hired the best writers that I felt were best suited to work on our specific show. Your issue, then, is with the choices that I made. And you\'re welcome to have those issues and welcome not to like my choices or my writing. I just wanted to be clear that the individual writers aren\'t to blame for your problems with story, character or dialogue. Those writers didn\'t go rogue and sneak scripts to the executives behind my back. I supervised those scripts and I stand behind each and every one of them... and the writers, too. 

7) \"Star Trek: The Next Generation Miami\" has to be the best typo I\'ve ever typo-ed. 

If you\'re still watching RID, thanks, and I hope you enjoy our last few episodes. 

Best,
    Adam B.

• Like Like x 15
  6. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...i haven’t started RID yet, but i really look forward to watching it after i’ve caught up with the second two seasons of rescue bots on netflix...thanks for engaging the community and for your candor, both: they’re a refreshing change of pace from the corporate party line!..

7. HerlyRan

HerlyRan All Hail Optimus

Thanks for your brilliant working,Sir.Really looking forward to the last few episodes!

8. autobot1024

autobot1024 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    even though this show isnt TFP i accept the change or transformation if you will. you and your team have done a wonderful job with the show by introducing a new concept of Autobots fighting common crime offenders and bringing forth a huge variety of decepticon designs while also adding nice little nods to TFP. i for one will personally miss RID and look forward to see how this chapter concludes. thank you and your team for everything you’ve done with this series and for giving us something unique Mr Beechen. i look forward to what the futrue has in store

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    @Bumblebeechen We are here... we are watching. :D 

And thanks for taking the time for responding to many comments made here... and on your blog/Twitter, etc. (Twitter went to 280 characters so you may get to use that more often, ha!)

Transformers fans are indeed passionate, but hopefully they can be understanding as well.
    Especially when one of the creative production team takes the time to explain the circumstances surrounding many aspects of the series.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  10. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My literal reaction to seeing Adam Beechen on TFW
    Dragstrip.gif
    Humina, humina, humina.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AirjitzuRonin

The true legend right here!
    RID has been a big part of the last few years for me. Watching it unfold and see new stories unfold with comedy and action of such a caliber, along with seeing toys get announced felt great for some reason and I hope Cyberverse will be able to capture that feel. It was so fresh for Transformers. I've said it before, I've seen it all, read it all, all the TF shows and movies, all the comics, and yet RID just sends it all on a one way trip to a black hole in terms of quality, imo. I wish it didn't have to end. Thanks man. You helped keep kids entertained and helped me and many others stay young at heart despite our adult responsibilities. You're such an epic storyteller, its legendary.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Soundwave WILL be in the last episodes, so that is one more Prime cast member unweiled. Two, if you count Laserbeak, though I still wonder if he is a Mini-Con or just a drone.
    I am still curious who could be this mysterious ally on Cybertron. Certainly not Starscream, I doubt Megatronus would have such resources even if he returned somehow... And Megatron is also unlikely, he is not the subtle type, this version of him anyway.

Aligned was dead on arrival, people. WFC and Prime contradicted each other from the start, and let's not forget about how BOTH contradicted the aligned novels. I am glad Hasbro seems to have totally shelved this idea to connect all the media into one continuity. We all know how well that worked for Takara...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Disclaimer:This is false as
    Bulkhead
    is returning.

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Huh, I didn't notice Bumblebeechen's post, until now. You see, this is representative of why I like RID15 so much more than TFP. One of the show's creators is actually engaging with the fans and addressing people's issues with stuff he's said or things in the show. This is the sort of stuff you get when the people making the show are being honest about what they're doing. The creators of TFP seemed to put more work into deceiving its audience than it did crafting quality stories, which is likely why they never did Q&As, posted on forums or even made convention appearances.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats cause the show IS bad, at least after season 1.
    Each episode repeats the same story as the last with the same "decepticon of the week" thing. Every character learns a moral lesson only to forget about it by the next episode so they re-learn it over and over again. The series also lacks a main villain, and no I will not count Steeljaw because he only appears every other leap year (and even IF he is the main villain, his presence is very lacking). It also lacks an over-all story; there is no ultimate goal here. Whenever each season DOES present an over-arching story, it is very poorly done and underwhelming, usually left for the final two or so episodes. Seriously, season 3 is nearly over and it is wasting its time goofing around, I mean, what is up with Soundwave and the High Council? The only good arc that had any pay-off was the Starscream arc.

At least when Prime kept the status quo, it brought new stories, new concepts, and it was very ballsy.
    At least when the movies are repetitive in their apocalypse-and-explosions routine, they at least cover vast settings, new ideas, big set pieces, and over all glorious spectacle.

RiD is, well, monotone and dry. It started out inventive and great but crashed once season 2 began.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AirjitzuRonin

How come people keep repeating over and over again about lessons repeating? Characters learn lessons yes but the lessons are usually different and cover different aspects of their personality or character.

Also, the reason these people are hating on the show is obviously because it isn't Prime, as you happened to demonstrate perfectly with this comment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many times have Sideswipe and Strongarm learned to stop treating each other like crap? How many times has Grimlock learned patience or how to properly fight?

Too many times.

And also, wtf was up with Windblade? She was upgraded by Primus to defeat The Fallen only to end up getting tied up and going away. Literally Optimus did her job--scratch that, Bumblebee and his team did, thusly rendering Optimus and Windblade useless.

Also, it's not about it being different than Prime. One of the things I was looking forward to the most is how more whimsical and energetic it felt compared to Prime. The designs were inventive and fun, and Steeljaws pack showed a potential for fun and exciting new stories to be had. Unfortunately, though, by the time season 2 hit, the show was just a recycling bin.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    I agree,Windblade is kinda useless here.But she does have valuable cashes.

20. AirjitzuRonin

I don't think a single lesson has ever repeated but I'll try to find one.
    °None
    1. Pilot (Part 1) - None
    2. Pilot (Part 2) - Teamwork
    3. Trust Exercises - Sideswipe/Strongarm; Learn to trust your friends.
    4. More Than Meets the Eye - Fixit; Just because someone doesn't fight on the frontline, that doesn't make them useless.
    5. W.W.O.D.? - Bumblebee; Lead in your own way instead of trying to be like your hero.
    6. As the Kospego Commands - Sideswipe; Slacking off is wrong.
    7. Collect 'Em All - Strongarm; Home is wherever your friends are.
    8. True Colors - All except Sideswipe and Russell; Anyone can change if given the chance. Don't jump to conclusions based on someone's past or grouping.
    9. Rumble in the Jungle - Bumblebee; Have faith others can do things on their own. Strongarm; Don't be afraid to accept help from others.
    10. Can You Dig It? - Sideswipe; Be yourself.
    11. Adventures in Bumblebee-Sitting - None
    12. Hunting Season - Drift; Have faith in others.
    13. Sideways - Sideswipe; Don't blackmail others into doing your work.
    14. Out of Focus - All Autobots; Focus
    15. Even Robots Have Nightmares - All Autobots and Russell; Face your fears.
    16. Some Body, Any Body - Sideswipe; Don't rely solely on physical prowess.
    17. One of Our Mini-Cons is Missing - Drift; Respect his students. Jetstorm; Don't overreact about a small situation in fear of others.
    18. Deep Trouble - Grimlock; Don't hide injury.
    19. The Champ - None. Maybe a lesson to the audience about cheating but none of the characters
    20. The Trouble with Fixit - None
    21. Lockout - None
    22. Similarly Different - Grimlock; Just because its fun, doesn't make it right.
    23. The Buzz On Windblade - Strongarm; Don't let jealousy get the best of you. Windblade; Don't be reckless. All life is worth saving.
    24. Ghosts and Impostors - The team learn to appreciate Earth.
    25. Battlegrounds (Part 1) - None.
    26. Battlegrounds (Part 2) - Teamwork.
    °Season 2
    1. Overloaded (Part 1) - None
    2. Overloaded (Part 2) - Sideswipe; Just because someone is old, doesn't mean they're useless.
    3. Metal Meltdown - None
    4. Suspended - Strongarm; Don't let one mistake get you down.
    5. Cover Me - Windblade; Don't be too overprotective.
    6. Brainpower - Grimlock; Everyone is smart in their own way.
    7. Misdirection - None
    8. Bumblebee's Night Off - Bumblebee; Everyone needs time to relax
    9. Impounded - None. Though Grimlock does have to prove he's good to go on missions again.
    10. Portals - Bumblebee; Though the team need a leader, they aren't useless without one.
    11. Graduation Exercises - Mini-Cons; Drift's students can fight on their own. But shouldn't ignore orders when it can endanger others.
    12. Decepticon Island (Part 1)/13. Decepticon Island (Part 2); Optimus Prime; Anyone can be a leader.
    14. History Lessons - Sideswipe; History doesn't have to be boring.
    15. Strongarm's Big Score - Strongarm; A score doesn't define who one is.
    16. Pretzel Logic - Grimlock; Be patient.
    17. Mighty Big Trouble/18. Mini-Con Madness/19. Worthy - Sideswipe; Don't take a joke to far. Size doesn't make someone weak.
    °Season 3: Combiner Force
    1. King of the Hill (Part 1)/2. King of the Hill (Part 2); Bumblebee; No one is invincible.
    3. Defrosted - None. Grimlock just kind of annoys Drift to teach him.
    4. Blurred - Sideswipe; Don't let jealousy get the best of you (Strongarm learned this but now Sideswipe is learning it for different reasons).
    5. Sphere of Influence - None.
    6. Bee Cool - Bumblebee; Everyone is cool in their own way.
    7. The Great Divide - Sideswipe; Kinda confusing but I'm pretty sure both Sideswipes had to accept themselves and each other.
    8. Get a Clue - Strongarm; Solve a problem in your own way.
    9. Out of the Shadows - Drift; Don't stay stuck to your past. You can change. Slipstream and Jetstorm can fight on their own but Drift needs to accept that instead of acknowledging it but holding them back.
    10. Disordered Personalities - The whole team; Everyone has their own strengths and flaws no matter who they are and we should all accept them and commend them for them.
    11. Guilty As Charged - Strongarm; A friend who uses you, isn't a real friend and you shouldn't do anything for someone just because they claim to be a friend.
    12. The Golden Knight - Fixit; Anyone can be a hero in their own way.
    13. The Fastest Bot Alive! - Grimlock; Be yourself. Something you view as a flaw might be your greatest strength and improving on this "flaw" might hurt you in the long run.
    14. Railroad Rage - Drift, Slips/Jets, Sideswipe; Everyone makes mistakes. Accept them.
    15. Combine and Conquer - Bumblebee; A good leader doesn't have to be super tough, he should respect his team and their opinions and weaknesses. He shouldn't always blame difficult situations on them.
    16. Moon Breaker - Strongarm/Sideswipe; Just because you weren't picked for a job, doesn't mean your weak.
    17. Exiles - Sideswipe; Facing his fear of abandonment which has been present in the series for awhile now.
    18. Breathing Room - The whole team; Everyone needs personal space.
    19. Prepare for Departure - Grimlock; There's a time for work and a time for reckless fun but having fun working isn't bad.
    20. Prisoner Principles - Strongarm; Even prisoners deserve respect.
    21. Collateral Damage - Sideswipe; Just because you don't care about something, doesn't mean others don't.
    22. Something He Ate - Unknown
    23. Sick as a Bot - Unknown
    24. Five Fugitives - Unknown
    25. Enemy of My Enemy - Unknown
    26. Freedom Fighters - Unknown
    Yep. Just as i thought, each character learns different lessons which help to slowly improve their confidence, teamwork, etc. People are just to lazy to analyse and are just angry that there's a lesson each episode and its a cartoon aimed at a younger audience so of course it does.
    Of course Strongarm and Sideswipe will always fight over different topics, Fixit will always be glitchy, Grimlock will always have the average problems of a Dinobot, and Drift will always be a harsh teacher in order to betterly prepare his students, but the lessons do improve them as characters and unlike people say, they don't go back on them.

• Like Like x 1