A Shocking Thing about RID/TFP.Heavy Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Don't forget the classic "Why isn't like G1?"

• Like Like x 1
  2. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...honestly, i felt the same way about prime: despite enjoying the series for what it was, it still frequently patronised its viewership and never quite rose to the exemplary standards of mature respect for its audience which rescue bots mustered out of the gate...

...i know it's not a popular opinion, but i stand by my assertion that rescue bots is probably the best-made transformers series to date, with the caveat that i haven't yet watched animated...

• Like Like x 2
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't agree with everything RID15 does but these questions really crossed the line into a$$hole territory. I get that RID15 isn't the Prime sequel that they wanted event though it wasn't meant to be one to begin with but that's no reason to harass the people behind the show. Besides even if they wanted to do an actual Prime sequel it's likely that Hasbro wouldn't allow it to happen.

4. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

I just wanted to see the kids a final time, found out what happened to them and get a sense of closure for the human characters of Prime. They were totally forgotten about in the Predicons Rising movie, and looks like it\'ll be the same for them in RiD 2.0  . 

5. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Who wrote these questions? 10 year olds? They seam rather snotty.

6. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    Whoever was asking Mr. Beechen these questions seems very mean and insulting. Give the guy a break for goodness sake.

I personally found RID to be one of may favorite Transformers animated series of all time, and I think Beechen and hs team did an excellent job.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay, I think some of you are a bit confused on the matter. It's not one person asking Mr. Beechen, it's multiple people. A lot of different users. Some are being nice about it and asking politely with respect, and there are others who are being rude and extremely disrespectful.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I don't think I have ever wanted to agree so hard with someone-- you are absolutely right, and it's insanely annoying. This site is like those "SU-critical" blogs on Tumblr when it comes to Prime, minus the preachiness but with just as much "my opinion is the only right one, and anyone who disagrees is a brainless Hasbro shill!!".

• Like Like x 5
  9. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Could be much worse... Original Armada minicons only did beeps and boops. That made Fixit's issue seem nonexistant.
    Ops, I meant Teen Titans Go style humor. Like you said original Teen Titans and Animated worked great because while they had the comedy, they mixed it well with a lot of other things. A straight up wacky comedy though I don't think fits transformers.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a nice dream, but don't ever forget that the majority of toys sold are sold to the actual target audience of young kids. The fact that older fans have gotten catered to as much as we have is a nice side effect of the brands' overall success- not because online fans are driving the entire franchise.

Whenever you think something like the IDW comics, which aim for a little bit older demographic, are really pushing the franchise- just remember that the Batman & Elmer Fudd team-up outsold everything TF that IDW put out. And the typical print run of any given TF comic averages between 10,000-15,000.

That's not a massive impact, when you consider how many people the cartoons are reaching; somewhere in the range of 650,000 viewers on average.

Ratings: Week of August 7 - 13, 2017

Never forget that this is a children's franchise, and that we just happen to be lucky when one of the many shows appeals to adults as well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I want to thank you guys who went to Adam's blog and appreciated his work after all the s**t he had to go through. :thumb 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

This!

And this!

Stop excusing crap for being intended for children. Children are not dumb. Hasbro is yet again being the out of touch parent who gets their 8-year old kid a Dora the Explorer DVD, while the kid sneaks a Mortal Kombat fatality compilation on youtube. If kids are not intellectually and emotionally challenged by something Hasbro puts out, they will find something else. That is among the reasons that people look back to G1, or Beast Wars, or Animated, and now even TF: Prime with fondness, while, the Unicron Trilogy (besides some parts of Armada, you know which ones) is largely sweeped under the rag, as RID 2015 will be. Dumbing down does not equal appealing to children. Quality fiction, will lead to respect for the brand and a more loyal fandom. Hasbro is yet to realise the value of Transformers is far far bigger than plastic toys and the stigma of "toy commercial" grows deeper with every next short-sighted decision they make.

That said, none of this is mr. Beechen's fault. I understand that the questions were reflective of the anger in a big part of the fandom (myself in included) for the direction of the franchise and the embarrassement that is RID 2015, but, I feel this anger should be directed at Hasbro.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    That's good. I personally love this show, but even if I didn't, no one deserves to get dumped on the way Adam's been.

I dropped him a comment telling him how much I & my wife have enjoyed RID.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  14. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    I really wish that people would stop being assholes towards Beechen. Unless if it's super dark and gritty, these TF fans will denounce any TF series and attack the fans and writers of the series. I don't understand the intentions of these Transformers: Prime fans. I recently was on a social media platform and found a post asking others if they preferred the TLK roster of Autobots, or the Prime Autobot roster. I replied saying that, despite TLK being one of the most abhorrent "films" ever made, I would prefer the TLK Autobots over the Prime roster. The Prime fans went ballistic and started private messaging and replying to me with rather volatile and profane-laced messages.
    I understand that people like different things, but being an asshole about it doesn't help your cause.
    As for Mr. Beechen's blog: it's a nice element to the show for the fans, but I don't necessarily support it (the emphasis on fan-involvement and communication in fiction lately is really getting on my nerves). I think some things are better left unknown, and the audience doesn't need to know every single thing about the work of fiction they are watching.

15. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Yeah. I've long said, that if I ever got to work on a TF show, I would probably never interact with the online fandom or read the boards. The amount of vitriol isn't worth it. That, and you know that in most cases, it's a vocal minority. Most people that love the toons aren't even in the online fandom.

Never forget, this is the face of the target demographic:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Sadly a lot of things from TFP were never resolved despite undying curiosity, like what became of Airachnid after she became a terrorcon. But the shows before it were guilty of that too.

17. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    I think the one interesting thing to take away from the interview and Adam Beechen's responses is this:

He did what he was told to do by Hasbro.

Execution notwithstanding, that's the crux of it all. Viewed in that light, he made a fine show - it was just not one everyone wanted. How can you get mad at the chef when the patron asks the waiter for pepperoni pizza, but the waiter tells the chef to make a Hawaiian? It's not Mr. Beechen's fault he delivered something nobody wanted. While it's 100% fair for fans to ask why we didn't get what we wanted, it's not fair to be petulant asshats and make him feel bad about what he did when he did what he was told.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I love RID. I'm totally happy with it & think it's a big improvement over TFP.

But yes, people that aren't in love with it shouldn't be such whiny bitches when talking directly to the people that are busting their asses to make a good show.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

Too true! :) 

They dropped most of that so quickly you could BARELY call them "story arcs". In fact, I accuse you of being a little GENEROUS! :lol 

A story arc is something you develop over time, and to some sort of conclusion. What you pointed out is a bunch of disparate ideas that get tossed around briefly and then onto the next set of "arcs".
    This is a philosophical disagreement, where you completely agree with the animation/story team. That's fine. You can have your own ideas on these things.

Here's my thoughts: let's challenge our kids and not treat them like stupid couch potatoes. One area you're a bit outdated on is how kids are connected to their phones now - they don't have to hit their PC to get this info. It's literally in their hands, as they watch. At least by a certain age. Younger kids? Fine, your point is valid. But I still say there's no hook to keep them watching. So I can switch to Batman or Digimon and get the same reaction - my kids literally do not value TFs over other "kid programming". There's just no reason to keep watching, and I guess the characters come off a little droll and boring.

You mean Bumblebee was first, right? Cause Cheetor is copying that G1 version... with a bit of Sideswipe mixed in. Actually, I'm not sure how Cheetor even fits into this, as he was a bit more original than what we're seeing in RID.

And Grimlock's inclusion is irrelevant, if the personality ended up about the same. The execs are correct here: a T-rex will be much more popular than... actually, I don't think I even know what "Scowl" is! :lol  Sorry!
    I absolutely agree with you! :thumb  Prime definitely suffered from budget restraints in a way that RID does not. I also love the cell-shaded, colorful style of RID. Much cooler than Prime, imo. :) 

Oh no! Not another JL Unlimited vs. Teen Titans Go argument! :lol  Full disclosure: I LOVE TTG! :p 

But it's exactly as you said: almost ANY DC cartoon is better. And why is that? Can't the TF team borrow some ideas or insights to make a better program? No. They can't. Because there likely aren't that caliber of writers on their payroll, nor do they recognize a good idea from a bad - they throw darts, like most businesses do. :rolleyes2  I think your point about JLU is incredibly relevant - my kids prefer DC stuff like Batman. And it breaks my heart a little... but I can't exactly blame them, when DC stuff engages them better. Of course, some of that stuff gets too dark (i.e. the original Batman animated series), so I stick to more colorful fair like Batman: Brave and the Bold OR Teen Titans Go! :p 

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! Sorry it took a while to answer! :) 

20. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

In this case I was talking show styles. We've got Rescue Bots, and upcoming Rescue Bots Academy, so for the show aimed at the slightly older audience I'd assume we'd want less of a straight up zany comedy show.