A Shocking Thing about RID/TFP.Heavy Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Mr.Beechen the showrunner,no more TFP cast will return.

Awesomepow

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vullet

Vullet Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That was commonly known, although I'm not trying to be rude.
    I love RiD15, but I'm very disappointed in how it only treated itself as a sequel when it needed to. OFC he could be lying to keep us in for a shock, but it is very disappointing we won't be seeing the others of the cast.
    Then again, I expect some voice actors from TFP would be busy. I mean, just for the record, Jack's VA is currently Shiro in Voltron, but I'm not sure about anyone else though.
    Big disappointment though. Guess I'll hold my breath on the triple changers appearing in Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3
  3. GogoDG

GogoDG Come and help me somebody quicklyyyyyyahhhhhhh!

Twitter:
    Rid 2015 ruined the Aligned continuity (basically Prime, for me the WFC and FOC games are not connected to the TV show - I have a headcanon for that). Why can't we get Transformers in space hunting down criminals and not returning to Earth like forever?

• Like Like x 6
  4. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    When was this confirmed? Beechen would never out right say that, he's heavy on no-spoilers.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Aligned was the best shot this franchise had at becoming more than a show made to sell toys. It's sad, man.

• Like Like x 7
  6. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    We are most certainly getting some Team Prime members back, and I have a strong feeling Adam is just getting tired of answering the same questions.

They knew what they were doing when writing "Old Friends" into "Worthy." Now, if we see Prime characters, they probably won't play as large of a role, but they should be there, especially since the RID creative team knew Combiner Force was the end. If they wanted to include more members of Team Prime, this is the season to do so.

• Like Like x 7
  7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Is this one of those HE TOLD ME things?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    No, it's actually Adam Beechen's blog site where users are allowed to ask him questions.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ok, a link to the source would have been nice. Do you have it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I ain't buying it with that "old friends" comment. Hearing that and all the signs that they didn't want it to be an Aligned show, RID still continues to be pretty much crap, and the whimper that ends the Aligned continuity.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Prime is over. Can you Kindergartners grow up and let them do what they want with their show. I would usually be nice about it but i'm getting tired of people who can't let RID (which according to Beechen on his site was intended as a spin off after Prime and not a sequel) be its own thing because they can't let characters from an old show who got their time and development move on. Plus, the showrunner is really getting hurt that no one wants to appreciate his show for what it is.

Prime is over and didn't even need a sequel anyway. I'd enjoy seeing them come back but i wouldn't mind not seeing them.
    According to Adam on his site, old friends is very general and wasn't mean't to be tied to Prime. It was meant to allow new/old characters to return. It could refer to old friends we've never met before or characters like Jazz or Ratchet.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    My personal assumption is that it's a mix of old and new. Old friends of Optimus Prime/Bumblebee and old friends of the Bee Team. They will all combine their efforts to take down Cyclonus or Soundwave. I never wanted to see the whole Team Prime back on screen, I only wanted to see certain members, and I still think they do have a chance at appearing in the series finale.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I saw this. It's really sad that the "fans" felt entitled to say bad things about the show. Especially when those accusations aren't even relevant to the show. Adam is doing these Q&A session because he love his fans. But the way fans behaved there is a great way to lose any interest he has to do Interviews/Q&As with fans in the future.

• Like Like x 8
  15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Hm. Most of the Q&A seems to be fans whining about how the show isn't Transformers Prime (thank Primus it isn't). Lost interest in reading it, but I'm always glad when a creator tries to tackle criticism.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This.

The show is what it is but the constant whining gets old.

As if TFP was that great of a series to begin with... Good riddance.

• Like Like x 4
  17. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

It's good to see this show is ending. it was really bad, poorly written and utterly stupid

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Translation: stop asking me questions about prime as this is not prime and i have a job to do, i am going to do what i was told.

The decisions why rid is what it is were made higher up and really questions like why did Hasbro take such a child friendly direction when they already had rescuebots up and running should be asked there. For that higher up person the reasoning will be We made loads of money or tried, maybe they'd say we got new fans.

I like Prime a lot but expectations of this show adding something to Prime left the building a long time ago.

It is a shame, in an ideal world maybe it could been more connected like Batman Animated - Adventures - Beyond.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Speaking as someone who personally Transformers: Prime and holds it as the greatest Transformers series ever made, I have to express disappointment with how the interviewer seems to be going out of their way to bait Mr. Beechen, and applaud Beechen himself for remaining calm and professional about the whole ordeal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. batfan007

batfan007 Grimstrong Shipper

News Credits:
    So for anyone that has read the blog, has he given any hint as to why the show has been canned?