A sequel can't be good if you resurrect the dead decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 13, 2011.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Megatron has already been resurrected once.

It doesn't matter if you resurrect him and rename him to be Galvatron. The fact is that Megatron died in the first one, got resurrected in the 2nd one and had a new form. He looked different in robot mode and had 2 alt modes. So essentially he is physically a different character but he's still Megatron.

And then in the 3rd one, once again, you give him a new mode.

So some fans want Megatron to come back and as Galvatron???????

Are you serious?? So.....really......Megatron never really ever dies in these movies? We just gotta keep on bringing him back?

To be completely honest, I think bringing back to life the main dead Decepticons is an insult to the 3rd movie.

Think about it, let's say Michael Bay is not coming back for a fourth. And then they get a new director and then he likes the idea of resurrecting Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave. Wouldn't that be an insult to Michael Bay for making it a point to end the movie on a high note?

Also, do you remember Aliens and Alien 3? People said Alien 3 was an insult to James Cameron's masterpiece, Aliens because the characters that were meant to survive, ended up dying before Alien 3 even rolled their opening credits. They just killed off their characters for the convenience of the script/story.

So in the case of Transformers 4 (if it were to happen), if they brought back the main villains because Unicron resurrected them all, its the exact same case of the Aliens / Alien 3 syndrome except instead of killing of the characters that were meant to survive in the previous movie, you revive the characters that were meant to stay dead!

So anyways, that's how I feel. I know that some fans don't care about these things and the just want to see it happen but at the same time, you gotta respect the previous movie and the original director's vision.

That is why fans come up with the phrase "the sequel ruined the original."

As much as the fans want their favorite villains back, if it really did happen, I truly believe there will be something about it that they won't like because the 3rd one got right by killing them off. And then they'll say the 4th one wasn't good because they should've introduced new villains. Sheeesh, how about instead of trial and error.....how about we just get it right the first time and add all new characters so we don't have to worry about such things?

Reboot please.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I'd rather have Galvatron be an entirely new character or some sort of frankenstein from parts of old Decepticons. Reviving characters just kills the emotion (no pun intended) of having them die in the first place.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I have to agree. Reviving Megatron again, even if it's as Galvatron, makes it all a joke. He should stay dead.

Still, I think they could use other characters
    Unicron, although a Unicron without Galvatron as a herald is not as cool.
    Overlord
    Sixshot
    Quintessons
    Ben Stiller

I do like Bountyan's idea of Galvatron being a character made from various dead Decepticons.

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Actually, the Frankenstein decepticon idea is actually quite cool!!! I never thought of that one.

I was one for the reboot but after you mentioned it, I would love to see the frankenstein Galvatron happen. He should be some really brutal abomination.

But he has to have Decepticon parts that are not owned by Megatron. I don't even want a hint of Megatron in there just because I'm done seeing Megatron as the villains in the live action movies.

There are so many other villains they can explode:

Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Nemesis Prime
    Any combiner leader (Motormaster, Onslaught)

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I want Galvatron. and I want him as a new character [not megatron ver 3.0]

6. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I agree that there shouldn't be any revivals, it just takes away the whole drama of someone dying if you can just bring them back to life.

However I don't agree on a reboot, the franchise is making crazy money so there's no need to.

7. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    well the reboot idea is not really about money, its for to give the writers an easier time to start a fresh new story instead of wrap a complex story around the existing one. You saw how the continuity for the first 2 got all messed up because of the 3rd one.

And plus a reboot is a nod to fans so that they can all brand new characters to the franchise instead of bringing back old existing ones considering the lore has hundreds and hundreds of characters and fan favorites to choose from that we haven't seen yet

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If Prime can come back from the dead, why not Megatron?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  9. Trypticon 2010

I don't know, I think a reboot would just make the TF fans bitch even more.

"Why doesn't Optimus Prime have flames on him?!"

"Why is Bumblebee a Mustang and not a Camero anymore?!"

"trukk not slightly different trukk"

"Ruined forever/raped my childhood/Spielbergformers"

You get my drift.

10. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    well that's only if Optimus and Bumblebee are in the reboot at all. Nobody says you can't have the main character to be someone like Hot Rod or Prowl. That will be a rather interesting take on the franchise. At the end of the day, fans are hard to please, especially Transformers fans because some want this and some want that but bringing a new vision to the table will probably please those became a little tired and worn out from Michael Bay's vision

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Why does Galvatron have to be a resurected Megatron?

Why not have him as a old leader of the cybertronians that went insane and stated killing of his people while rambling "Unicron is coming, the end is near, Unicron is coming!". Kinda like the Mad King form the Game of Thrones. He was, I dunno stopped and imprisoned by Sentinel and now got loose.

I puled all of this out of my ass in 30 seconds I don't see why the crative team could think of something more interesting or different than the tired ol' "MEGATRON DIGIVOLVES TOOOOOOO GALVATROOOOON!"

12. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

As for the villains there are still so many Decepticons left, the Stunticons, the Combaticons, the rest of the Seekers like Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thurst amd Dirge. Plus the Predacons, Trypticon (if they ever introduce in in the live action movies). The new director has so much wealth of characters to use.

13. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like one rises up to become leader of the decpticons hearing upon megatrons death and that cons name is galvatron, but the only this you got to revive soundwave, shockwave.

14. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

I can totally see expanding or changing around the Autobot roster to include some fan favorites like Hot Rod, Prowl, Blurr, Springer, ect, but there is NO WAY that Hasbro is going to do that and leave Bumblebee or Optimus Prime out of it. Bumblebee has become the poster bot for the TF franchise these days, and Hasbro makes a TON of cash on Bumblebee's image. And after the backlash in the 80's over his death, I doubt they will ever remove Optimus Prime from the franchise again. But if they included other fan favorites as mentioned above, whether in a reboot or continuation of the current movieverse, I'm sure that would go over well. They need someone to step into the Ironhide role now that he's been turned to dust from Sentinel Prime's gun that blasted cosmic rust. Why not Ultra Magnus, Springer, or Hot Rod?

15. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

anyway, no more Michael Bay please, his kaboom and military fetish plus lame teenie jokes ruined this trilogy.

16. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

As much as I will miss these great classic Decepticons, I have to agree. It really decreases the feeling of a death if the one being killed is constantly resurrected. There's plenty more Cons they can work with..

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

This.

I think removing Megatron from Galvatron would not only avoid turning resurrections into a running gag for this branch of the franchise, it would also give more elbow room to play with Galvatron as a character and do something different with him.

Personally, I'd lean more toward the idea of Galvatron as Megatron's "offspring" of sorts, out for revenge against Optimus Prime...but his revenge would not be so much to avenge the death of his "father" whom he actually hated, but to avenge himself for being cheated of the chance to kill Megatron with his own hands.

18. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

if only Shockwave was saved for TF4...

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  20. Trypticon 2010

*yawn*

You sound like a fucking broken record.

He's not doing TF4, so you should be over the moon.