A sad sad sight indeed...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mutt12, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    I went to Wal Mart yesterday hoping on the off chance they would have a Masterpiece Starscream. Well, they had one there... sorta.

They had a Masterpiece Starscream box... but inside was a bootleg Sky Garry toy.

I slumped to my knees and yelled to the heavens "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!!!"

I'm thinking someone probably bought MPSC, but then took him out of the box, replaced him with the Sky Garry, returned the box to the store, and the retarded Wal Mart guy took it, not knowing any real difference and put it on the shelf.

Really bastardly thing to do in my opinion.

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Damn! Sad indeed. A first I heard for MPSS, but not for toys in general. Never seen a product replacement yet in a retail store.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

A few weeks back I saw a deluxe Scorponok on a Bonecrusher card at Walmart, someone did a damn good job of making it look like it hadn't been opened too.

4. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:

You're kidding. So this is a more common phenomenon?!!

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember a tale of a BWII Galvatron in an Armada Galvatron box. That was just bizarre.

But I've seen some odd product swaps. And just disturbing returns. One time I saw a Titanium Jetfire that had apparently been returned...because Jetfire was DISMEMBERED.

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Oh man thats sad.

But I must confess, I have returned an item like that myself.....

KAAAAAHHHHNNNN!!!!!

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never seen scan returns like some have mentioned around here. I'd probably find them pretty funny, or infuriating (one of those)

I have seen poorly repacked returns, and the occasional expertly stolen toy (saw an emply action figure blister card, and looked closer to find the bubble sliced along the edge.)

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People will steal anything. Including $5 action figures. I remember working at Fry's a few years back, caught some guy trying to steal 3 college rule or whatever notebooks. Ya know, the ones that cost like $2. Saw adults steal candy bars and get prosecuted for it(only results in a misdemeanor, but still), seen a grown man burst into tears after getting caught trying to steal a PDA.

It's really funny stuff. Some people are just klepto's(I don't buy it for a second that they can't help themselves, I've known people over the years who did it just for the "rush", it's pathetic).

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Toy swapping is a fairly common practice in the United States, from what I can tell. I remember somebody from the Allspark (they might have come here) gloating that they 'got toys for free' because they returned junk they didn't want inside packaging of toys they recently bought.

I think swapping reached its heights during the heyday of Alternators, where people bought Alts and put Maisto 1:24 scale die cast cars inside, then returned them. There was a guy on the Spawn.com boards who claimed to have found a 'Lucky Draw Black Sideswipe.' He sold it on eBay to some idiot for over $200, and surprise, surprise, it turned out to be a Maisto. When contacted, the buyer reported that both he and the seller agreed that 'Hasbro must have done it on purpose to personally screw over collectors'.

Now, either he's so embarassed that he went along with the story, or it's just the kind of poisonous, illogically anti-Hasbro thinking that's shockingly widespread in the collector community. Or he's a moron.

10. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Ridiculous....

11. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I saw a beat-up Armada super Prime(body only) with a junked set of G1 Predaking wings in a Cybertron Prime box at WM once.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

There's at least one guy in the Montreal area that's been swapping TFs with dollar store toys for some time now. I come across his handiwork at Zellers and Walmart all the time. I can't really say why... but it really irks me whenever I see it.

Granted, once could say it's the employees' own fault for being so lax about their returns, and it somehow seems hollow to complain about shady ethics and "poor" Walmart in the same breath... but it still bugs me to know that some self-satisfied jerk is pulling these swaps and getting away with it.

And MP Starscream for a cheap KO? That's a pretty bold swap!

zmog

13. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've seen empty blisters in the store but never a toy in the wrong package that I know of. It's pathetic the lengths people will go to. It probably costs them just as much to just buy it when you factor in gas money and time anyway.

14. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

If they can't return it outright, they'd just claim "it was like that when I bought it", get their money back anyway, and it'd probably still get shelved(because paperwork on defective goods takes time).

15. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Ya but its up to us to, either laugh about it and leave it there on the shelf for some unknowing grandma to buy it? Or, bring it to customer service and bust em out so soccer mom Judy won't get scammed....right?

Riiiiiiight........

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I saw that I would of pulled out my gun and killed myself on the spot.

17. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Wow I cant say that i've even thought about doing something like that and I have a pretty twisted mind.. I've returned 1 transformer in my day but there really was something wrong with it.

Thats a very sad story indeed..

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    A better use of that gun would be to hunt down the bastard that did it...

19. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I actually benefited from one of those idiots. I was out hunting for alternators and came upon a grimlock. I was thinking...what the hell...my brother's birthday is coming up....oh...WTF? DID THEY REPAINT HIM?! OMG!

at that point I was about to drop. I never really expected to find a wheeljack.

Point of the story? I already had grimmy. wheeljack is a plus, and the moral is....people are idiots.

20. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Seriously though, can you imagine if something like that had happened to you when you were a kid? Man, that would bite!