a response...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want to respond to the WTH?s i got.

My rant was a response to listening to other people ranting about cars and the environment. It was hard for me to sympathize with the green folks who so love the world as they hurled profanities at people who cannot afford a $25,000 hybrid electro-car. i was just amazed by the rhetoric but a lack of intelligent discussion.

my point was this:
    I don't understand how people blindly follow others without thinking for themselves. even less, i don't understand how these days, people that do think for themselves (or go against popular opinion) are ostracized for it.

I just don't believe in letting a college dropout who happens to be the "it" person of the past 2 minutes tell me what's good for me or what social causes i should fight for, without any valid reasons for it other than "it has to be done....for your own good."

In other words, i am in no rush to drink the Kool-Aid when it comes to something that will directly impact my life, and it terrifies me to see so many with cups and glasses extended.
    (and sincerely, honestly, if you do not get that reference... sue your local school board.)

have to say, all the confusion regarding my post made me smile as i recalled Jonathan Swift and Benjamin Disraeli.
    /end.

{i managed to post without using political or religious references. what a relief.}

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

People have always been willing to let other less intelligent people tell them what to do, always. People have always been ostracized for thinking thoughts that go against the herd, always. Welcome to the world, it is the same as it has always been.

And it's not that we didn't get your rant. It's that it wasn't as insightful as you believed it to be.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Jeez, do you just read a book about Jonestown? Stop acting like you are smarter then everyone because you just figured out a concept that people have been talking about for decades.

Yes, people need to be more aware of the information that is presented to them. Time to join fight Club and rage against the machine.

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. If I was the type of guy to 'sig' phrases people type on message boards, I'd so 'sig' that.

have to say, all the confusion regarding your post made me smile as i recalled Coco the clown and the Iraqi Information Minister.
    /end...

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your first thread was closed for spamming.

It does not mean you try and worm your way out by making a second thread 'explaining' yourself.

If you make a third thread, you will be receiving a Infraction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.