a reimagined g1 animated trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 11, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i got a question.

how would it go over with the fans if when itcomes to the new animated series thats coming out next year if they did it in such a way that as a trilogy it covered the war between the autobots and the decepticons during the first season while towards the end of season 1 it explored in some part the origins ofthe great war the rise of optimus prime and megatron character origin wise wise.

while going into season 2 it would have ultra magnus and his own team existing as the so called wild cards of the three teams with optimus and the autobots on one side, megatron and the decepticons on the other side and caught right in the middle would be ultra magnus and the wreckers with their believing that they themselves are the true representatives of the original uncorrupt cybetronion society that existed before the political government corruption

basicly people the second season would explore in some part how optimus and megatron and ultra magnus actually came to first know one another with it being made clear in a somewhat kryptic manner that the reason they knew one another before the war is because they shared the same creator in the autobot wiseman alpha trion. in short they would be his sons and brothers in the lteral sense as well

but with the events that lead to the great war itself being due to the corruption that originally once existed in the original cybertronion society with megatrons origins exploring how he came to lead a revolt against that social corruption with this fact making it clear that this version of his character is really more along the lines of being the antihero/martyr for his oppressed people as opposed to his being the out and out murderous tyranical more or less 2 dimensional villain that the 80's cartoon portrayed him as being

with optimus prime and megatron having had a rather violent parting of ways with one another in the distant past due to their radically and thoroughly diametrically opposing personel idealogies.

basicly people optimus would in some part be in the role of the warrior who is fighting for his society and the greater good even though he is all to well aware of the corruption that exists in said society even as he attempts to salvage the redeeming positive qualities that once existed in said former society with those qualities being used to model the new society on.

prime would be caught between the rock and the hard place as it were.

by the time of the third season a series of events would occur in which the three brothers must unite thier followers and fight against the greater true original evil that is responsible for bringing about the corruption that ravaged and destroyed the original cybertronion society.

in this case with the 3 brothers literally finding themselves posessing the abilty to become a far greater single amalgamated being with this being itself existing as the champion of primus itself . in short the 3 literally combine to become a greater warrior and leader that has all the most positive greater redeaming qualities of each of the 3 put together and none of the negative character flaws or weaknesses.

me i actually think that would make for a unique, interesting and thought provoking series

as for the name of the combiner form i figure omega prime would be all to fitting

what are your thoughts on the matter people

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I like any series set on Cybertron that tells how the Great War began. Sounds cool though I'd rather just see the three factions join forces in the end, not the leaders literally combine, though it might make one heck of a cool toy. (Of course Hasbro would never make it, but that's what the comics and fanfic are for). I wonder who Grimlock and Rodimus would side with in this story? I'd say Grimlock as Magnus's second in command. Maybe Rodimus is chosen as part of yet another more spritual faction who has recieved a prophecy of a great evil coming and Rodimus has the responsibility of convincing Megs, Op, and Magnus to unite for the greater good of their people.

Hey, even if a series like this isn't likely ever to happen it's really fun to think about the posobilities.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

me i figure their combined form would have optimus for the main inner core body with ultra magnus doubling as the lower body and breastplate chest armor with megatron forming the shoulder armor and back armor along with the back mounted over shoulder cannons and and jetpack

basicly picture a combiner that has the best design elements of rid omega prime and armada magna jet convoy.

damn that would look so totally awesome.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

if anything those 3 existing as a combiner team would really level and even out each of them as a single individual person in which each one posesses thier individual strengths but with thier weaknesses as individuals being rendered virtually nonexistance due to each one posessing in some part the shared strengths ofthe other 2.

for example megatrons temper and rage being tempered by optimus compassion and selflessness

ultra magnus's lack of confidence in himself being compensated in some part by megatrons utterly unquestionable confidence and optimus's faith in his brother ultra magnus.

and optimus well he would have megatrons desire to succeed at any cost with primes own personnel logic mental wits and rphysical reflexes being enhanced even further by megatrons raizor sharp wits, reflexes and agility.

each of them literally drawing strength from each other you get what i'm saying

5. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

I once thought and still considering doing a fan-fic series that is sort of a reimagining of the G1 cartoon. It would start off with a pre-Season 2 story where the Autobots would find what would become the 1985 Autobots in the Ark. There would be a "season" that takes place in 1986 that has Ultra Magnus, Octane, the Battlechargers, and a quick appearnace by the Predacons.