A really strange Skywarp question... Poss. Ani spoilers.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, May 26, 2008.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Ok, While cruising Transformers Wiki, I noticed, G1 Skywarp, is constantly being referenced with stair pushing down jokes. Where does that come from? I"ve never heard it anywhere else, is it just some running gag with TRW?

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Skywarp_(G1)

/\ Transformers Wiki on Animated Skywarp.

Seriously, did he push someone down stair in G1 or something? Please if you know, give me an answer!

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

It's a running gag, much like Ramjet's love for toast. Don't know how it actually started. Skywarp is described as a sneaky bastard, and sneaking up behind someone and pushing them down the stairs is Sneaky Bastard behaviour, so technically it does fit Skywarp's style. It has no basis in G1 (as far as I can remember) aside from fitting his personality type.

Maybe we could assume he pushed Starscream or Thundercracker down the Incan pyramid stairs in "Fire on the Mountain"? :) 

3. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

If he did, it was off camera. Watched that episode the other night. It's one of the few episodes of the G1 cartoon that bothers with characterizations of all the original G1 seekers. I thought Skywarp and Thundercracker's characters were well developed in that episode.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's part of the whole "teleporting-smartass-prankster" thing. The joke is that he teleports behind someone at the top of stairs and pushes them down.

Because c'mon, a surprise push down a staircase is hilarious.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Pretty sure the stair pushing is a reference to this song/video. We all know how much the TF Wiki guys love subtle (and blatant) pop culture references.

I'm not sure exactly how old it is. I first saw it about two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member