A real life Raf has passed away.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There seems to be a lot of people that doubt that anyone could be as proficient as Raf at such a young age. But I don't agree. There are/were child geniuses in the world that I believe are/were at Raf's level.

This girl was able to beome a certified Microsoft professional at the age of 9. At the age of 10, she learned to fly planes. To become ceritified in Microsoft one has to show technical proficiency in areas such as .Net, Windows Server 2003 and Visual Studio 6.0. She was able to do this at the age of 9. Several years before Raf's current age. She then represented her country internationally.

Arfa Karim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9-year-old earns accolade as Microsoft pro - CNET News

Arfa Karim Randhawa, a genius no longer with us – The Express Tribune

If young geniuses that can accomplish great feats exist at such a young age exist.

And she was not the ony one. There was also Dr. Balamurali who graduated highschool at 13 and New York University at 17. He is now a physician.

Dr. Balamurali Ambati, Real Life Doogie Howser, Has Greater Aspirations « Doctors Online | News | Celebrity Doctors | Profiles | Vitals Spotlight

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Wow! That's amazing! I mean the people who think Raf's unrealistic need to take a look at this! If this doesn't change ideas about Raf I don't know what will.

3. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

sorry, but not really transformers related.

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Don't be a jerk.
    Besides everything in life is one way related to Transformers! :lol 

5. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

What did she die of?

6. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Cardiac Arrest i believe.

7. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

That's depressing. She could have done so much for the world... :cry 

8. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    What a feat at such young age. I hope she made peace with everyone before she passed away.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Yes there are real life child geniuses but that doesn't mean Raf isn't unrealistic. He's hacked government computers with an off the shelf lap top anyone could use. That kind of hacking would take a lot more equipment and a lot more time to accomplish no matter how smart you are technology just doesn't work that way.

Look at it this way.

If you have a 4 digit code of just numbers there's 9,999 different possible combinations. That's pretty low budget security right there that you could find in any house hold. A good computer could figure that out in a matter of seconds but the human brain would take hours, maybe even days to figure out that 4 digit code number. You'd have to know the person pretty well to figure it out. (Most people use birthdays or wedding anniversaries for stuff like that.) If you knew me you could narrow down the list of possible combinations to only 4. Without knowing what my 4 might be you're still stuck with the 9,999 different combinations. And if by chance I were to pick a number that wouldn't be easily guessed you'd still be screwed.

Now lets say it has both letters and numbers and has eleven digits. Then there are 99,999,999,999 different number combinations, approximately 224,999,999,997 different letter combinations. That's approximately 324,999,999,996 total combinations. And that's something I use every day for my e-mail. With this one even if you know me you'd never guess what my password was. You'd need something that thinks faster than the human brain is capable of in order to hack into it.

Considering the government has multiple levels of security even if this was a kid genius or even an adult genius, it's very unlikely that he'd be able to hack into their computers as if they were common house hold computers with a single password to break threw. Even more unlikely that he'd be able to hack into an advanced alien computer like on the Nemesis with primitive Earth technology.

Short version, it's not that his intelligence isn't believable it's that the technology he's using isn't believable. If he used the Autobot's computer then it would be believable but when he's doing it with his own lap top it just isn't possible unless his lap top is actually from Cybertron and he just doesn't know it. Oh my Gawd, Raf has been playing with Brains all this time!

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They say certain people are just too special for this world. Looking at Arfa and all those other geniuses throughout history who died at heartbreakingly young ages, I can't help but wonder.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^Fuckin' Megatron killing all the smart kids >:/

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    ...really?

13. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

But he didn't hack the government. He said so himself that he couldn't get in. Unless you mean the microchip thing.

14. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

It's not normal for kids to have cardiac arrest, right?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :rip .

But seriousily even if their can be kids like Raf in the real world he sucks because he doesn't get much else development other than being the master hacker or being BB's universal translator.

16. SaberPrime

What the heck are you talking about? The Autobot's computers are government computers which have been modified by Ratchet and Raf hacks into them all the freaking time.

17. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

The only time he hacked into them was the second episode. From then on Ratchet has allowed him access.
    As for why he could then, well, maybe it was because he directly connected the laptop to it. That probably made it easier.

18. SaberPrime

Even if he connected his lap top to the computer he shouldn't be able to hack into it. Actually it'd be more likely that the Autobot's computers would load a virus onto his lap top before he could even try. Of course the fact that the Autobots modified them might change things but you'd think alien technology would make them harder to hack, not easier.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Ratchet is a novice in the use of earth's technology. He probably opened up a lot of vulnerabilities in the base's computers with his modifications. Also, when was this base given to the autobots? Many of its systems could be significantly outdated. It's not like we see significantly high end computer hardware in the area. For all we know, the military had already stripped the base of its more sophisticated technology.

Also how much alien technology was included into that computer? There really is no way to tell.

Raf needs a lot more development as a person.

20. SaberPrime

Again, Ratchet's modifications would only increase security not decrease it. Plus while it's true he's novice with Earth Technology he would of had to have help from a human to integrate it with Autobot technology.

Even if the computers are outdated by government standards they're still more advance than anything available to the public yet. And the computers do show signs of being outdated but that could also just be that Ratchet is the one messing around with them most of the time.

And what do you mean there's no way to tell how much alien technology was included into that computer? Sorry there's no way to say this nicely but THEY HAVE A FREAKING GROUND BRIDGE HOOKED UP TO THAT COMPUTER. How much more evidence of how advanced it is do you need? Ratchet uses the Computer to lock onto a location to Ground Bridge the Autobots and some times humans to various locations. The Ground Bridge itself is Cybertronian technology but it doesn't really work as a space bridge because of limitations from the Earth computer system it runs off of.

It's actually more likely that's the most advanced computer on Earth in order to even be compatible with Cybertronian technology. The only reason it might seem outdated at times is because Ratchet is the one messing with it and as you said yourself his understanding of Earth technology is very limited. He probably only knows enough to keep the Ground Bridge running and if anything else goes wrong he'd probably be calling Fowler to send someone in to help fix the damn thing.