A quick question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by OmegaSupreme235, Apr 25, 2012.

1. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok my friends I got a quick question I just got back into collecting because of my daughter interest in my old G1 toys. I've been out of the loop since the 80's, My daughter has been really interested in picking up some comics, So here's my question Whats a good starting point for her and I in the comic world so we are not to lost? She's an expert when it comes to the G1 cartoon we got headmasters on it's way, Watch prime and has read the 80's comics I have but thats were it ends.

Any help would be great!

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want the classic stuff IDW is putting out collections of the Classic Marvel US and UK comics from the 80s. They're like on the 3rd US collection and 2nd UK one I believe. You can find them on Amazon or get them from any book store or most comic stores.

If you want to get into the Modern stuff there are two good approaches: 1) Start at the begining of the IDW stuff with Infiltration and the other "-ation" miniseries. They're good solid stuff if just a bit slow in places. Then you get a few years of All Hail Megatron and the Ongoing that the bulk of readers really disliked. You can read em if you want or skip em. Then 2) Your other choice is to start with the recent Death of Optimus Prime oneshot that launched the two current (and REALLY GOOD) ongoing series More Than Meets the Eye and Robots In Disguise. They are definately worth reading.

-ZacWilliam, I'd just read whatever looks good...

3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

Well here is a list of idw TPB in order for your reference. :)  You might just want to just wait for the unreleased tpb for More than meets the Eye #1 and Robots in Disguise #1 and start from there. Seems like people are really excited about those. I havent read them yet cause im waiting for the TPB.

I've got almost all of these. I just need to fill in some holes.

0. Megatron Origin
    1. Infiltration
    2. Stormbringer
    3. Spotlight, Vol 1
    4. Escalation
    5. Spotlight, Vol 2
    6. Devastation
    7. Spotlight, Vol 3
    8. Revelations
    9. Maximum Dinobots
    10. All Hail Megatron Vol 1
    11. All Hail Megatron Vol 2
    12. All Hail Megatron Vol 3
    13. All Hail Megatron Vol 4
    14. Drift
    15. Last Stand of the Wreckers
    16. For All Mankind vol 1
    17. Bumblebee
    18. Ironhide
    19. International Incident vol 2
    20. Revenge of the Decepticons vol 3
    21. Heart of darkness vol 4
    22. Chaos Theory vol 5
    23. Chaos: Police Action vol 6
    24. Chaos vol 7

4. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:
    Nice thanks for the information friends!

5. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

no problem. the marvel uk is pretty awesome too if you havent checked those out. idw is reprinting them now.

6. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Like Zeitgeist said, the first trades to MTMTE and RID would be an excellent place to start. Those two series are some of the best TF comics we've had in a long time, and they're a natural jumping on point for those who haven't read the previous comics.

And thank you so much for encouraging your daughter with her love of TFs and comics! You sound like a great dad. :) 

7. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:

Thanks alot for all the information my friend! I would'nt say I encouraged her but the other way around one day I was going thru my old stuff in the garage when we came across my G1 figures, She asked if we could bring the boxes in the house so we could play with them, I said sure and did'nt even think about it. We cracked into the boxes and instantly transported to the
    80's and I was 5 years old again playing right along my daughter! long story short since that day we have loved collecting playing watching and reading about transformers. Our favorite thing to do is to go into the family/game/transformer room and we go one by one and pick out what transformer we want on our team!

On a side note I have it on my wants list but I thought i'd throw it out here I'm looking for RID and More than meets the eye #1 thru #3 and also The death of Optimus Prime if anybody wants to sell tthers as a lot. I've checked my comic store and found the current #4's and got on a list to order me the each of the current issues but he does'nt carry the back issues. So if I can help you out and you can help me pm me lets make a deal I'd prefer to buy in one lot Thanks again!

8. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you fail to get printed copy, then visit comiXology. You can read them digitally there.