A Quick Question On Soul Edge

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gretnablue, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

I remember my brother owning Soul Blades back in the day and me and him fight each other a lot. In recent years I have discovered that Li Long weapon was censored from nunchaku to a three-sectioned staff here in the UK. Now in recent years, laws about nunchaku in film and TV have been lightened allowing us to see the uncensored versions of Enter the Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nightmare on Elm Street IV etc.

My question is UK version of Soul Edge/Blades still censored?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, Nunchuku are Nunchuku in the game now.

IIRC only Soul Blade, the original Playstation game the was censored (IIRC Soul Edge the Arcade wasn't censored), what we got was what looked like a bendy stick that happened to move exactly like nunchuku, once we got Soul Calibur on Dreamcast Elvis had normal Nunchuku.

Why do you want to know?

3. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

Just interested, I liked playing that game with my brother when I was kid and it was something that I wanted to know but I couldn't find an answer on the web. Thanks You :) 

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You're welcome.

I have fond memories of this game too, my Main was Seung Mina (gotta love that reach) and I remember thinking (at the time) that the trade off from 60 fps to 30fps in order to get practically identical graphics to the arcade machine was astounding.

'Look at the field with all the blowing grass! LOOK! IT'S LIKE AN ARCADE MACHINE ON MY TV!!!'

Then the next generation arrived in the form of the Dreamcast and my brain has never fully recovered from when that wundermachine broke it the first time I played DOA2...

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It was very hard for me to get excited about the PS2 when nothing on it looked as good as DOA2 and Soul Caliber.