A quick question about Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by D_usk, Jan 14, 2011.

1. D_usk

D_usk Stealer of Racks of Lamb!

So, we all know that Primus is the Transformer equivalent of God, right? So that would mean he's omnipotent in a sense. But there's one question that's been bothering me for some time now: Can Primus bring back the dead? As in, if a Transformer dies, can he simply resurrect them? Or can he resurrect them but it takes a lot of his energy? I don't know... what do you guys think?

2. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Well since The Last Autobot can revive dead transformers and he was created by Primus, and the Matrix was a part of him (and it can create new TF lives etc) I'd say yes

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

An interesting question, but Primus is usually "dormant" as the planet Cybertron, after changing his body into a home for the Transformers he brought into existence. He probably has minimal control over what's going on, despite being a "god".

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

In the Universe con comic, Primus resurrected Optimus Primal, and later on brought back Rhinox and Depthcharge as well. It didn't appear to take any effort for Primus to do.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I have that comic here with me and Alpha Trion syas that summoning a spark from beyond the veil takes significant resources. It is not to be taken lightly or often.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Besides, Primus could just ascend another one using the matrix. That's a lot easier and frankly all the autobots are pretty much the same to him.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

from what i can understand on the matter when it comes to primushe is literally thier god with the allspark vector sigma and cybertron each existing as a part of the greater whole being which is primus

cybertron literally being his physical body in its planetary alt form

vector sigma itself actually being his mind itself

with the allspark itself being his eternal lifeforce

with the matrix itself containing a portion ofhis lifeforce in its chrystalline core with that seving asa ling to his full lifeforce and at the same time containing through the allspark the full life experiences and lifespark of every cybertronian that has ever lived is alive right now and ever will live

when it coems to the transformers mythos on the whole matter i believe that it is in its way a kind of fictionalized melding of christianity bhuddism and hinduism in its way

when it comes to the primes and the role they play in cybertronian society it is in many ways a mix of shaman,general,demigod like avatar and savior to the primes people

more often then not the cybertronian destined to be prime would be a humbled individual born of lowly origins who throughout their lifetime has proven theirself to be a person of unquestionable,nigh incorruptible moral character

a near christ like individual as it were

one who has succeeded in expunging of the person psychologically and psiritually speaking very nearly and and all taints,marks , and blemishes they originally posessed to their person asa flawed being

when that person is accepted by the matrix as its current day living guardian they enter into a mutually symbiotic bond with the allspark, with cybertron, with vector sigma, and primus itself

a bond that over time melds their physical, spiritual, and psychological being into being the perfect living vessel for primus to live,to exist and to experience life through with the prime being the god or demigod like avatar of primus, a living imbodiment of primus's power and will and live essence as it were

from the allspark was born the living spark of each and every single living cybertronian that has ever lived, lives, and ever will live so that each spark can live, can grow, can learn and can evolve so that as each spark dies and returns to becoming one with the allspark it too can also live, grow, learn and evolve

it is to the allspark that each cybertronian returns when they die and as each spark returns to the allspark

in passing through the primes body that spark also temporarily melds with the spark of the living prime their by causing the prime to see,experience, and know for his self all that the spark as a living cybertronian has done and has experienced throughout that cybertronians lifetime.

that spark as it passes through the spark bond is itself purified and expunged entirely of any of the dishonorable acts and crimes it as a living cybertronian commited in life with it being accepted fully into the allspark

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

In the movie 1986 you think Prime was sad and emotional when the Autobots died??

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

True enough. But my point was just that it didn't appear to be any effort on Primus' part to pull it off, not to say he isn't limited by other factors.

10. D_usk

D_usk Stealer of Racks of Lamb!

...What does that have to do with my question?

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

There was no Primus in the 86 movie.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The Well Of Alsarks

My version is that when a transformer dies they some how join primus in the Well of Alsparks and if a transformer is despratly needed it could be brought back to life through the Matrix if Primus agrees its is needed.

13. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Here's a question - what happens to the soul of a Nebulan or human that has been binary bonded to a Transformer? Would Primus be able to resurrect Spike after his death in the Generation 2 comic? Could Hi-Q be seperated from Optimus Prime and restored?

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Reall good question.

After seeing what happened to Hi-Q at the end of the Marvel G1 run I'm assuming no.

15. coinilius

Just to clarify, in regards to Hi-Q I ment more by a 'higher power' like Primus or some use of the Matrix/AllSpark/etc seperating him from the gestalt him and Optimus Prime became, rather than just normal means.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Its my understanding that the last Autobot was useing the power of Primus.

17. coinilius

Yes - would the same power be able to undo what it had done? The power of Primus was used to forge a new body for Optimus Prime incorporating the body of Hi-Q, but the actual merging of their personalities was the final expression of the Powermaster process or some such thing (don't have the issue on hand to check and don't feel like hunting it down at the moment :p  ).

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats about right.

And I dont think Primus could undo that.Because if he could, then why didnt the last Autobot??

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As all the transformers in the marvel series were created as aspects or avatars of Primus, at least on some level, as he endowed Cybertron with his lifeforce before going dormant (IIRC), maybe Primus' powers are only limited to affecting those he has a link with, and thus probably can't ressurrect or otherwise modify humans and nebulons beyond what we saw in the comic (ie. using a human to store the creation matrix).