A quick preview of a personal project a year in the making - The Age of Terror

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kickback, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm still working on the ROBOTS IN DISGUISE fanfic that I've been doing off and on all year (writer's block and starting TFWe ate a lot of that free time), but I wanted to preview something I plan to begin releasing here soon (half the story is already done, so updates will be quick and frequent once I get done with editting, etc.)

Transformers - Age of Terror

Basic idea - what would happen if a Transformer was able to get to the End of Time where Vector (Prime) resides? How would they handle discovering their fate in their home-universe? And what steps would they take to try and change it for the better?

Transformers - Age of Terror starts in the G1 cartoon continuity post season 2 but pre-movie.

Shockwave, the loyal servant of Megatron, is hard at work on Cybertron trying to work on an upgrade to the space bridge program to transport Decepticons to and from Earth utilizing less energy and being more proficient. Shockwave is distracted for a brief instant, causing him to miscalculate exactly how much energy to channel through the subspace circuits, causing an overlord. And rather than having a space bridge portal just show up randomly in the universe, it instead creates a bridge to the End of Time.

Shockwave travels through and meets Vector (Prime) and Safeguard, and the three share various scientific discoveries and information. Shockwave learns of the Unicron Singularity, who the Thirteen are, and so much more. But Vector informs Shockwave that to travel home, he has to have his memory erased. Shockwave decides to stay but wants to learn what eventually happens in the future of his universe.

He witnesses the death of Optimus Prime, the arrival of Unicron and the creation of Galvatron from Megatron, and the eventual defeat of the Chaos Bringer. He sees his master (Megatron) continue down the path of insanity, and the eventual defeat of the Decepticons (Rebirth part 3). He locates his own fate, being destroyed by Unicron.

The evil genius that he is, Shockwave manages to distract Vector Prime and escape back to his universe - but at a different point in time. Vector Prime scrambles but is unable to locate exactly where, or when, Shockwave is. He sends Safeguard to investigate what would be the current timeframe of the universe (the time when Shockwave arrived at the End of Time). Safeguard returns with dismal news ... time has changed, that universe has changed, and for the worse!

Vector Prime then chooses five Transformers from various alternate realities to find Shockwave and stop him at any and all costs - before the timeline he's changed collapses on itself, and creates a domino effect, destroying every reality in existence.

Who was chosen to save reality? What did Shockwave change in the G1 cartoon reality and how has it effected everything? Heroes you love could now be villains, and villains could be heroes!

Ask questions if you have 'em, and if I can answer them without giving too much away, I will ;)  And I might need someone to bounce all the story-ideas within this "perverted-universe" off of ... there's a LOT of changes, some of them I'm pretty proud of!!

(NOTE: It's NOT a Shattered Glass story ... but if certain characters died or the history of how characters originally came to be is changed, would they still be heroes and villains, or would they be something else/more/different?)

2. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting idea, and I'm intrigued to know just what changed. Can you mention the 5 transformers chosen or maybe hint at their identities?

3. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Only two have had fiction (comics/cartoon) about them, the other three are toys. Not all Autobots ;) 

4. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Vague, and I really like the idea of a mix of Bots/Cons/Preds, whatever you might be going for. My guess is all Bots and Cons but it'll be a refreshing take on the heroes of the story.

5. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Here's some more info.

Shockwave miscalculates something (for the first time ever) on the space bridge, opening a portal to the End of Time. He meets Vector (Prime) and Safeguard, and learns about the future (G1 cartoon continuity) ... realizing that Megatron becomes Galvatron and runs the Decepticons in to the ground, as well as his own demise, he decides it's only logical to use that information to alter time, and he escapes through another portal.

Vector (Prime) has Safeguard investigate to learn that Shockwave went back in time of his universe and made sure the Autobots aboard the crashed Ark never awoke, only the Decepticons. This changes the universe dramatically ... the Autobots never awoke on Earth to protect it, so Megatron awakens and conquers Earth and Cybertron.

The Earth is now an apocalyptic battleground where small remnants of humanity survive and fight back against the Decepticons. Transformers that were Autobots later in the G1 continuity may now be Decepticons, as they never had Optimus Prime to guide them, to lead them, and to give them the promise of a peaceful universe. And the Decepticons as we know them may have changed ... Megatron, without an arch-rival, would he be a sound and determined leader? Or would the lack of a nemesis to match him move for move eventually drive him insane, much like his Galvatron persona? Would Starscream still be vying for power over the Decepticon empire, when Megatron has succeeded and earned the true loyalty of all his followers? Or would he come to realize that Megatron's dream and vision are much different than his own?

Shockwave's knowledge of the End of Time and the multiverse lead him to begin a plan to conquer not just this universe, but every universe, leaving Vector (Prime) to do something drastic - pull a group of Transformers from the multiverse and send them to retrieve Shockwave and stop his master plan before reality as we know it is wiped from existence.

Tomahawk (HFtD) - An Autobot from a peaceful universe, trained under his universe's Ultra Magnus to become an able leader and a strong warrior if the need ever arose.

Terradive (HFtD) - An allegianceless Transformer from Tomahawk's universe. He considers himself a friend to Tomahawk, but his admiration for what the Decepticons have been able to do leave doubt in many minds as to where Terradive's true loyalties lay...

Mindset (RTS) - An Autobot from the same universe as Tomahawk, Mindset is a bit of walking irony - he's a walking war machine, yet believes in peace before violence. A pacifist gifted with more munitions than he knows what to do with, he also has strong ties to philosophy - he believes that chaos must exist in order for true balance. He is wary of one of his cohorts, who is known as....

Lockdown (ROTF) - A bounty-hunter from a little-known universe, Lockdown agreed to join the others in exchange for taking upgrades. He and Mindset do not get along - at all - but this bounty-hunter's combat skills and ability to manipulate may come in handy in a universe populated with more Decepticons than anything else.

Banzaitron (HFtD) - A Decepticon assassin, he hails from a universe where the primary code of combat is honor - even the Decepticons on his universe follow such a code. He is quiet but incredibly skilled, and will not act against his own code of honor. In most universes, he'd be an Autobot...

But the real fun part comes in re-imagining various Autobots and Decepticons. Can't wait to tell the story.