A question....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

So, as shown in the kitchen scene, the AllSpark seems to be able to bring many things to life in it's "blast" radius. So when Doc Scalpel revived Megatron, wouldn't have just brought all the dead cons back? This is why I call Grindor Blackout, as this would make more sense.

OH. WAIT. ANOTHER QUESTION

Also, when Frenzy touches the AllSpark in the first film, his entire body is restored. But Scalpel needs parts to rebuild him?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I just assumed that the entire All Spark had more energy flowing through it than the small sliver did. As for the "dead cons", they didn't show any other Decepticons in the area (in fact, there is a wide shot showing a large clear area), just Megatron, so I assume he's the only one that got revived.

Just my theory, at least.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    A mcguffin does only what the mcguffin is needed to do for the scene. The effects of the mcguffin are revised whenever something else needs doing and is just easier to have the mcguffin do it. For mcguffins there is no need for consistency of effect.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Damn you.

Now I have to come up with something else to say. :p 

Well, a sliver gave the lowest of sentience to some kitchen appliances that began attacking widly whatever they came into contact with, likely acting on survival instincts alone. The shard brought back Megatron, an entire Decepticon, jutted directly into him. Now why a shard will bring him to life, but his Spark core ingesting the majority of the Allspark kills him and doesn't make him a Galvatrony-badass, I have no clue.

As for Frenzy, his living head getting its skinny little frame restored in contact with the full blown massive Allspark vs Megatron's corpse being resurrected with pieces from a betrayed Constructicon clone and the remaining power of a little shard; Methinks the difference isn't much of a concern.

But I feel you on the Blackout/Grindor deal. The wife assumed it was Blackout, and why wouldn't she? There was the screw-up on numbers rising from the ocean (five went down, one was killed, leaving four, Megatron gets resurrected, then its said there are six rising), the fact Grindor is never called by name, the fact he looks exactly like Blackout (I know people say the head's different, but its not noticable onscreen) and then there's the hue of green he is which might be possible if Blackout spent time at the bottom of the ocean. The only reason I knew different was because of seeing a newslink on another website about the toy. It's dumb if you ask me.

5. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

you know, some one brought up a good point that Grindor may be Blackout revived, renamed, and repainted and that is what the 6th blip was. Or it could have been that Scrapper did not die when ripped apart and he scanned a new mode.

6. Covenant

Ebay:
    "Neeed partz..KEEL ze little wun!"

7. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

He died pretty easily as well. Wimp. He deserved to snuff it.

8. Skepticon

Skepticon Banned

You say that beacause you think that all dead Decepticons were thrown along with Megatron into the deeps of the Laurentian Abyss? Yeah, that would make sense, the AllSpark blast would have revived them too.

But as it turns out...only Megatron was there. Logic says it wouldnt be wise to throw them together in the same place, inc ase they revive they wont start scheming or sumthin', xD...

So the other dead Decepticons were scattered all over different places as it seems.

9. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

all the shards energy was needed to revive megs. spawning new parts may take more energy so to conserve allspark's energon they repaired him. and maybe it didnt create a radial field of power may be because it needed to be concentrated.

just an awesome theory

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Kitchen bots = tiny. Megatron = big.

11. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

WTF? I think you might be thinking of a deus ex machina or some other phrase. "Macguffin" just means an object that drives the plot forward,not what you decribed. Are the effects of the Maltese Falcon "revised whenever something else needs doing," because "it's just easier?" Does R2D2 "only do what is needed to do for the scene," which is later to be revised since R2D2 has "no need for consistancy of effect?"

Maybe I just don't understand,but I'm fairly sure what you said doesn't make any sense.

12. Covenant

Ebay:
    Deus ex Machina is an asspull, the Matrix at least had a setup behind it.

As to your questions; In a word, 'yes'.

The Maltese Falcon had the desired effects it needed for the film, it the writers or director or plot required more or different effects, its no harder than writing them differently.

Better example is your R2D2 suggestion. He absolutely does what is needed for whatever scene. When was the first film in which he rolled along the plating of a space-faring vehicle? How many swiss-army-tool-pulls can he perform? How many security locks can he access & pick? Etc. He's got a bit more to him since he's a character and not a mere object, but you get the idea, I'd think.

Now, what are all the effects & applications of the Matrix in RotF?

13. kidnicky

Did it ever contradict itself?

Better example is your R2D2 suggestion. He absolutely does what is needed for whatever scene. When was the first film in which he rolled along the plating of a space-faring vehicle? How many swiss-army-tool-pulls can he perform? How many security locks can he access & pick? Etc. He's got a bit more to him since he's a character and not a mere object, but you get the idea, I'd think.
    [/QUOTE]
    Again,he never does anything he was not able to do before,or vice versa.

14. jonatron26

r2d2 is very handy indeed.

15. Darth Prime 501

Darth Prime 501 Decepticon

maybe cuz it was only a shard and not the cube so it didint have enough energy to rebuild megetron. not only that but frenzy is smalll compared to megs

16. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

It braught back Blackout, but they cut out the scene when he changed his birth certificate to say Grindor

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    All your plot holes are belong to Bay.

18. jonatron26

theres nothing i can say that your sig cant say better.

19. Covenant

Ebay:
    So, what, because you choose an age old pick of a plot device that doesn't fit ALL the criteria of the provided model, the model is null & void, even though the device does fit some criteria?

And yet that's entirely the case, which is what I was trying to point out. Nevermind he's a robot entity, not an object of plot progression, at least not any more so than an actor or actress would be.

20. kidnicky

R2D2 is the Macguffin in the original Star Wars. Ask George Lucas,or anyone else who understands the term.