A question to the 1000+ figure club (TFs only)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I recall answering a collection count thread not too long ago and could have sword I had 1000 figures give or take.

I finally counted my figures and I ended at 737. My collection consists of every AMERICAN AIRED show character from G1 - present. Missing about 30 G1 and 1 Energon figure. To list them they would be G1, BW, BM, BW10, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, 6" tits, Classics/ CHUG, MOVIEVERSE, and Animated.

Even after finishing my G1's off and buying all relevent figures already announced I wills till be under 800.

SO...

To all you with over 1000 figures, How did you get there?

Multiples?
    Japanese lines?
    Purchasing "off screen" character?

I am curious to know.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Minicons and Microbots?

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Decoys and minispies?

In all seriousness. Reissues, G2, European exclusives, Japanese Exclusives, Botcons, Customs, black repaints, e-hobby exclusives, Robot Masters, Binaltech, Encore, Legends class etc... etc...

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    depends how you count, is a combiner team 5 or 1. Do you count minicons/Target Master/God Masters etc. if you had just 10 Armada Deluxes(or whatever the size class was called back then) you'd have 10 figures, if you count minicons you have 20.

So how did you count them?

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    duplicates, minicons, army builders, and other lines that are not american releases.

I believe it says collection count, and I am adding in my other robot series, such as braves, gundams, etc.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Uh, I bought more toys. Just all around cast a wider net.

Just because something wasn't seen on the boob tube doesn't mean it's not a quality toy. Read this thread, for chrissake.

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm at like 1200s, almost no doubles, not much troop building... just a collection from G1 to last week, as i like to say. I'm ready to pare down though. I thought it'd be cool to hit 1000, but that figure count flew right on by.

BTW, my 1000th fig was Masterpiece Megatron. That was pretty cool.

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^this^^

In all fairness if it has a name count it. Minicons, Target Masters, combiners, etc... should be counted as individuals. Target Master Cyclonus = 2, Bruticus = 5, Devastator =6, and so on. So like Rigas said how did you count them?

P.S.

Although I've always been a little iffy on some of the City/Base part former guys like Cog from Fort Max, or whats his face with Metroplex.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  9. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah those are kinda grey areas for me too. if its a minicon or targermaster is fairly easy.

But a headmaster I have to count that as one and not two, cause its just a headless junker without the headmaster. So I guess if its not capable of being displayed properly on its own don't count it.

You wouldn't have a headless transtector on display, but Cyclonus without Nightstick is fine, even Nightstick can be displayed on his own without it getting silly.

10. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Of my 1100+ tfs, 180 of them are minicons.

I have a spread sheet set up which keeps count for me. I keep track of individual toys, just for my overall collection count.

I also keep track of individual faction strength, only counting a particular spark once. Thus classic prime, g1 prime, new year convoy, mp prime, star convoy, ect... collectively only count as one autobot. Combiners I count based on their members. Megatron and Galvatron share a spark and likewise only counted once.

It gets complicated as I consider armada/energon/cybertron prime for instance the same character, but takara's galaxy force convoy is his own standalone character. I used repaints to keep them different characters, such as Nitro Convoy, and Override GTS are different characters, Dark Crumplezone & Landbullet. Flame Convoy and Cryo Scourge. All these I treat as seperate characters. Armada, Energon, Cybertron, and Henkei Hot Shot are all the same character, while Cybertron Exillion (red), and Galaxy Force Exigeyser are two completely different characters.

Doing it this way I end up with 1113 tfs atm, 295 unique autobots, 318 unique decepticons, and 163 unique minicons. Servants of Unicron, and denizens of Planet X are dealt with seperately as well.

I have troop builded a terrorcon army using the energon/superlink terrorcons, and cybertron scrapmetals & Galaxy Force rambles, but that is only about 50-60 cons. Their leader is Dark Scorpinok, who I treat as a Decepticon warlord who is not loyal to Megatron. I recently added the energon & botcon sharkticons to their army as his elite forces/royal guard, I need to pick up a few more energon sharkticons.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Mincon's and their many re colors plus pretty much all the UK realsed micro master and some of the japanes one really help bump up the numbers.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Wow. Pics? I've done some minor troop building on the cheap, but nothing on that scale.

Anyway, back to the topic onhand, it entirely depends on how you count. Also, collecting more then on-screen characters and just US also helps a great deal. Minicons also go a real long way.

13. Kupp

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I have reorganized them since this was taken, and I used software to merge the multiple pics in the array, I will get a cleaner pic at some later date, this is from just a few days after botcon this year.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

It took all of the above for me to make that count..

But I recently sold off a number of figures so I have to re-count.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Clearly, that's the largest part of everyone else's collection and not yours. Especially with G1, as the G1 toyline ran for 4 more years than the show did. And even during the 4 years that the show ran, there were still a few figures that never made it onto the cartoon like the Deluxe Insecticons and the Omnibots.

Ultimately though, I think if you have what you want from the toyline (as in those you actually saw on tv), then that should be fine. 1000 is just a number. Like you said, you're coming close to having EVERY TOY of EVERY ONSCREEN CHARACTER, and that's quite a feat.

Frankly, should I collect G1 figures, I'd only want on-screen characters anyway.

16. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do have a lot of characters that probably never appeared in a cartoon, multiples is the easy answer here. I probably clear 100 just between Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee figures alone.

17. Kupp

News Credits:
    One piece of advise based on my personal collecting experience.

Know when to be completionist, and when not too.

Do I regret owning all of the Armada toyline, I certainly do, and what I don't want isn't worth selling.

Do I regret owning the entire alternators toy line along with several duplicates, not at all. The line is worth it to me.

Never aim for a number, aim for a collection you will cherish and enjoy, regardless of size.

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offence, but you just made my head hurt :(  Now, while I have not hit the 1,000figure mark as I sold off a lot of my collection earlier and damn was I close), I counted each TF with it's own name, outside of headmasters as I like to go by japanese standards, as they were both the bodies and the heads. :) 

19. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly. I consider my Titaniums "complete" despite the fact that I don't have any of the Beast Wars figs in it. I am very much satisfied with this approach. I've also ruled out several lines entirely simply because the level of interest is moderate at best.

Not even sure how many I have now. It's almost a room full, so quite a few. 1000+? Definitely not.

20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i had at least 1 of every domestic release since G2, about half of G1, and multiple Botcon exclusives going back to the 1st Botcon. i also had pretty much everything takara had to offer (sans lucky draw stuff) from BW and up. before i sold off 95% of my collection i recall i had about 2800 bots. alot of troop building, repaints and tons and tons of minicons.