A question that I really need an answer to:

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by nemesisconvoy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Why is it that the allspark cube/fragments only create Decepticons? And with this in mind, how did the Autobots come to be?

2. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

earths technology was reversed enginered from megatron therefor earth tech is angry.

BASED on the cartoon the allspark creations would not be decepticons just mindless robots.

Vector Sigma creates Decepticons and Autobots. Gives them there soul basically

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Allspark makes wild robots. They aren't really attached to any group, it's just their tendency for violence reminds you of the Decepticons. But it's not the calculated violence of a Decepticon, the Allspark robots will attack anything.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    How many times has this question been asked already?

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I call shennigans on the movie concept ;)  that plot element is a complete load of BS even from the films stand point. Unless all major appliances are made with decepticon energy or some thing to that nature its just a hilarious concept that needs to be erased from existance.

I do like the blank slate idea however and it is far more feasible but giving birth to transformers takes away that immortal side to them where they may be small then get bigger or differant over time instead of just being what they are from the time of creation.

Hatchlings ughhhh. Anyone with me on the hatchlings? The movie really seems to go the ultra generic route with the Transformers concept to the point where its not even close to the Transformers we all liked for a reason.

Vector sigma is an interesting idea that should be given time to shine in the movies as it is really complex in concept more so than one would think but it offers a single simplicity that movie studios and most viewers seem to need.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep vektsilver, I'm sure that you liked Transformers just because of the original bs explanation for how theyre born;

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

It doesn't. It's a choice, remember what Jetfire said in ROTF?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They're not Decepticons, they're just feral and wild.

We still don't know that the Allspark is the only source of TF life. It started life, and that life then evolved. We even see that, Decepticon soldiers at least, are grown from proto-form like robots called "hatchlings." This could be how life evolved on Cybertron. Then again, it really doesn't make any physical sense, like the rest of Transformers, which is when it's best to stop thinking about it.

9. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This.

Megatron and Jetfire had memories already established, they simply had no power to function. The Kitchenbots had no memories established, and because they were brought to life so suddenly, they were, for lack of a better term, mutants.

I think there's a phrase for that...oh yeah - "it's just a movie". ;) 

In a way, I more or less think the Hatchlings are exclusively a Decepticon thing. It's like an instant Decepticon army - just add Energon and look at the li'l buggers grow!

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

You know you got a thing for trying to trump me with simplest non answers. its like you are just cannon fodder for the big bay machine

There just happens to be a ton more original concepts in the original "BS" explanation than the use human culture and religion as a template explanation. Lets give transformers religion, afterlife, and baby stages/ hatchlings.
    Sorry that whole concept just works if you choose to switch off your mind to see these movies. Fact of the matter is the story given to us is by far the most mediocre of any explanation we have been given.

In big budget movies its always got to be an explanation that requires 0 thought, understanding or complexity.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Ah, the age old question. The actual answer is this: because it's a movie and it was funny/looked cool.

12. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I saw a kitchen bot with a Decepticon logo in ROTF...

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And robots being built isn't human culture template, considering we, y'know, BUILD our robots? Even the weirdass budding is still human friendly because we instantly make the connection to bacteria. To this day there is still no "original" transformers origins, at least this time they didn't try to explain it and in result end up making everything even more silly.

There's no problem with aliens having child stages or whatever, even the original show showed robots being younger than others, they even had kid robots in that planet Unicron ate, knowing you this doesn't even truly bothers you, you're just picking for reasons to rip on the movie again like always.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Four