A Question for Those Who Own Alternators Shockblast

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Iro the Dude, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Iro the Dude

Iro the Dude Decepticon Seeker Leader

I was wondering how big this guy is. I'm looking for something to replace the FoC Shockwave in my Classics collection, and I really like the look of this figure. Would it fit in with other Classics figures, or is it too out of scale? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

I think he's too big, but scale is a mater of perspective. If you want it to fit in you can convince yourself that it does kind of thing.

3. Iro the Dude

How big is the figure in comparison to, say, the Wheeljack/Tracks mold? I'm all right with it being it bit larger than some of my deluxes, as I'll mainly be having it displayed in robot mode, but I just want to get an idea before I pull the trigger and buy one.

4. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

In robot mode, he's as tall as Classics Megatron.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Technically I think Alt Shockwave is roughly 1/24th scale whereas classics are in the 1/32nd scale but I think like the other guy said it depends on your perception.

As for me I have my Classics and Alts seperated as they are clearly two different lines.Hope that helps.

6. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

I guess it depends on what figures you have. Here's a link to the comparison pic you wanted. FYI it's not my picAlt Shockblast and Tracks

7. Iro the Dude

Thanks a lot for the replies, guys. Think I'm gonna hold off for now, but hopefully I can manage to find something else to use one of these days.

8. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

What about Energon Shockblast? Some may disagree but I think he fits in nicely.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    It's Voyager sized which fits perfectly with classics...sadly the overall design and alt mode doesn't work with anything but Alternators. Emerging Shockblast works ok but the Ocerall color scheme needs to be altered and the gigantic mass of a left arm hurts the overall figure. But if course all that us just my two cents.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Robot mode is actually sized just right for Classics. But that makes him a sports car the size of a firetruck. So, really, no more ridiculously out of scale than most other Transformers. :rolleyes:  Certainly no more out of scale to Classics than Windcharger, the Seekers, Astrotrain, or Scourge. But I probably still wouldn't put him with Classics... while I intellectually know there's no such thing as scale in Transformers, it would still feel weird to see his massive car chest looming over aesthetically similar bots like Jazz and Prowl.

For what it is worth, though, Alternators/BT Shockblast is my second-favorite Shockwave figure after the G1 original. His head sculpt, transparent purple hand-cannon, and deep purple coloring capture the essence of the character to me better than any of the others (especially the Energon version, which unless heavily modded is a poor substitute in my opinion). So Alt Shockblast is still a great figure, just maybe not the right fit for Classics.