A Question For Masterpiece Line Collectors.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by millerman3732, Dec 27, 2011.

1. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Here's a question for all you MP collectors. With pretty much everything from MP-01 to MP-07 getting a possible re-release , wither it be a re-tool like the seekers or a complete new mold like MP-10 and the rumored new Megatron, do you plan to sell off your older MP's and replace them with the updated versions, skip the new MP's all together, or just get keep them all ? As for myself I plan to pick all the new MP's but I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the older ones. Input Please.

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Keep the old ones. Buy the new ones.

MP1 and 10 are different enough that i want to retain both.

As for MP3, it's variants and sucessor, i am partial enough to the mold such that owning multiples of it suits me just fine.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Keep the old, skip out on the new.

I haven't bought MP-10 yet and the MP-11 doesn't quite interest me. I'm not sure that I'll ever buy them. I'd rather buy a brand new MP character release or allocate the money toward the Hercules fund.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Depends on how much space I have. If the new ones are really that much better (even though they are smaller), I might sell them. Especially if I can get some money back.

5. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    keep my old ones and buy the new versions. ill use the old versions to keep in alt mode and the new versions in robot form.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    With the rising costs on the MP's I'm probably gonna walk away from them. I feel the line peaked at Grimlock. I got the coneheads so my seekers are complete, Rodimus didn't impress me and I don't need another Prime or Starscream. Time to walk away methinks.

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's see...I have MP-05 and Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus...once I buy MP-10 Convoy, I may display the two MP Primes in their robot modes while for the rumoured new MP Megatron, the same thing will happen. Since I don't have any of the previous MP seekers, MP-11 Starscream may be my first MP seeker and I shall not sell any MPs I own and for sure MP-08 Grimlock will be the only MP of the character.

8. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

I'm actually mulling over what to do about MP10 and 11 after the surprise of finding an MP08x under the Christmas tree!

With MP08x added, I kind of feel that my collection is now "complete" due to 10 and 11 being another Prime & Screamer, both of which don't actually excite me very much.

Although no doubt once MP12/13 info is released my appetite will be whetted again and I'll pick up MP10 and 11 and display them in alt mode rather than have a "number" gap between MP09 and MP12/13.

For the record, my MP collection consists of :

MP01
    MP01B
    MP02
    MP03 ( in coronation kit with custom cloak )
    MP03 Hasbro version + custom MP style box
    MP03G
    MP04
    MP04S
    MP05
    MP06
    MP06 Hasbro version
    MP07
    MP08
    MP08X
    MP09
    MP09 Hasbro version
    MP09B

If and when I do pick up MP10 & 11 they won't replace their original selves as I consider the bot modes of the originals to be better, while the new moulds alt modes win hands down. I don't display in alt mode ( with the exception of MP08 ) but would do with 10 and 11 just to have them on display.

9. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I sold off the old molds (Seekers, MP-02, MP-04, and MP-05)...I kept Grimlock and Rodimus, since I don't see them getting revised. With the new seeker remold, I am hoping we can get a cartoon accurate painted Skywarp & Thundercracker this time around. I also foresee a MP Ultra Magnus using the MP-10 mold with transforming trailor armor on the horizon as well, so MP-02 had to go.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Easy. Keep the old skip the new......the only one I might rebuy is Megatron but obviously need to see him first....the only downer will be his size next to MP-01.

11. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I never owned MP 1/2/4 so I'll be buying MP-10. Since he's alone at that scale, I'll very likely be getting rid of MP-5.

I will probably only get MP-11 if my Wal-Mart Starscream breaks. I really doubt that MP-6 and MP-7 are getting redone and even less convinced that they'll be released in the US if they are. So seekers get a general "Pass" from me. I've already dumped about $600 into that mold (counting coneheads).

So I'm rebuying Megatron basically.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'm keeping the old ones and skipping the new ones. I'll give them my money when they release some new characters.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I gave up on the MP line and sold everything when I had a bump in the road financially earlier this year.

Since then, I've brought MP-09; MP-10; MP-08; and MP-06. As for Grimlock, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to remake him because its already in scale with the other MP figures. Not to say Starscream isn't but you can milk screamer by selling him as Skywarp and Thundercracker. With Grimlock, you can't turn him into Sludge or Swoop lol.

Now, I brought Skywarp because he is pretty dirt cheap right now. The Takara version is going for 70 shipped, so it was a no brainer in my opinion.

So, if I hadn't of sold everything, I probably would of sold all the old figures that were getting updated. MP-03, MP-04, etc... The updates just blow the original version out of the water.

14. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only older MP I had was MP-04 and I sold him off for MP-10. I do not regret the move. I feel that MP-10 is the superior version and he fits in better with my other MPs.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have both mp-10 and the dvd prime, i'll be keeping both, mp-05 and the dvd prime can chill on a shelf of their own starscream i'll get only if those trash wing joints are remolded to not break

16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I'm replacing my MP's as they get upgraded. I sold off my MP-01 as well as my US MP Starscream. I also sold off my Megs as I thought he WAS next, but I jumped the gun.

17. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Although I'll be getting the new seekers, and new MP molds, the ones I currently own won't be going anywhere. I hear a lot of collectors giving up their MP Primes for MP-10, I will never do so. I love MP-04, and MP-05, and even though they might no be to scale with the others, being the faction leaders I feel they can always stand alone if I chose to display them separate. Right now I actually have my MP-10 displayed in alt mode, and until they release a MP Megatron to scale, he will stay that way taking second stage to the big boy MP-04.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do have plans to sell off the seekers as the upcoming MP11 looks much better than MP03,so can forsee that they will continue with their repaint.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I do have SS and Skywarp, the only one I've actually gotten two versions of is MP 10. I might be inclined to get rid of MP-1 (US version technically) at some point. But since no one else matches Megatron, for the time being I'm not even considering getting rid of him.

While I do actually like MP 10 better- the only reasons I got him were because the size, lack of smoke stacks and lack of trailer always bugged me about my old MP Prime. I finally decided this was the way to go since any US reissue down the road is sure not to have all those things.

Depending on what's revealed at toy fair I may be about done collecting anyhow. If I'm still paying attention and an interesting NEW MP mold surfaces I may get it. We'll see.

20. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking of getting MP10 but I am glad that I did I think it is better then MP04 that I have, I like the improvements and the down size as I feel MP04 is too bulky. I plan on selling my old ones no need for two of the same figure. We will more than likely get a proper Ultra Magnus with his Armor so he will be sold too, although waiting to see who MP12 will be.