a question concerning shockwave timelines issue 1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 6, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

peopel when it comes to idw's timelines shockwave issue 1 it referances an event that happened in the past on cybertron between shockwave and the dynobots.

one in which the dynobots were severly wounded and upon recovering from their wounds came to have a personel vendetta with shockwave over the matter.

a matter of wounded pride in which grimlock and his fellow dynobots came to have a rather violent falling out and parting of ways with prime and his fellow autobots.

now so far as i know DW's war with in pre g1 continuity is a entirely differant continuity from idw's

is it just me or could one all to easily use that flashback sequance from shockwave timelines issue 11 as a way to adaquately resolve the unresolved plot point as to why the dynobots went awol fro, primes team in the time period that occured between war within vol 1 and vol 2 age of wrath.

i'm not saying that there one and the same continuity but damn if that event refferanced in flashback sequance doesn't cinch into place all to easily

i'm reserving judgement for the time being when it comes to the rather unexplained similarities pre earth character model wise between the defunct dw war within mythos and idws take on the preg1 continuity.

a good example of that could be found in
    optimus prime

the dynobots

the constructicons

and soundwave

me i figure idws is an all together superior original rewrite of the war within idea but then im trying to look at the matter from an open minded viewpoint

2. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

I took it as a nod to the Marvel G1 comic, where the Dinobots and Shockwave fought on pre-historic Earth. Never read any IDW.

3. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

Quick! Get Reading! Your life isn't complete without it.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Only problem with that would be the dino's are still on earth with shockwave being dug up so they couldn't fit with the other war with in books.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

all im saying people is that one could use a version of that event that occured between shockwave and the dinobots on cybertron expand on it and use it as a way to resolve that dangling plot point from dw's war within mythos.

an out of continuity resolution as it were to a non idw continuity plot element.

that pre earth flashback sequance shoehorns into place all to easily when it comes to the flashback event

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Like a yet un-named Dynobot death or two?

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I thought War Within: The Dark Ages made it pretty clear that Grimlock (as well as Starscream, Ratbat, and Springer) formed his own faction after the disappearance of Prime and Megatron and both factions began to fall apart.

Frankly, I don't see the point of trying to rationalize anything from one continuity with events from another.

8. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Typo! Meant never read any DW. Doh!