a question concerning george lucas, and transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 14, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people when it comes to the live action transformers movie george lucas had a rather large role in the creation of the movie when it comes to the cgi itself which brings me to my questions on the matter.

1 will we see lucas himself become over time a transfan in some part as the liveaction trilogy continues over the years?

and 2 would that go any way to we transfans somedayseeing a transformers/star wars crossover storyline in either an unnoficial to semioficail manner

in short it being explored through an elseworlds style trilogy storyline.

me i would not be the slightest bit surprised if the bug eventually bit him at some point over the years.

hell i always figured back in the day that would happen around the same time g1 starscream would die the selfless martyr for the greater good and that was before armada came out and shocked us over the whole matter.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    We'd never see Star Wars and Transformers cross over in any significant feature since Paramount and Fox would never let each other touch their live action blockbuster franchise. At best the comic books and that's only based on IDW and Marvel being willing to cross over, so IDW would be open to it. Until then, be happy with the crossover toys I guess.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other than Lucas's company doing the effects, what other role did Lucas have in the making of the movie? ILM works on tons of movies. It doesn't mean Lucas is doing anything with them ouyside of completing the effects.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think George would definitely support the franchise in some way as his best bud is the producer but I dont think it might be something major as a cross over. At least we know he didnt like Spiderman

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

When it comes to ILM, George Lucas has so little to do with it. Yes, it is his company, but there is a separate CEO (A woman from Singapore that I can't remember her name right now). George is located in the Skywalker Ranch, near the Skywalker sound (THX) studios. All decisions regarding ILM are mainly the decisions of the CEO of ILM.

The funny thing that ILM has its own store and they have everything Star Wars there. I don't remember if the store has the TF/SW toys though.

6. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

1) I fixed your spelling. The shift key is your friend.

2) Lucas had nothing to do with Transformers. Nothing. At the most, he might have seen some in-progress shots on a visit to ILM, and he probably saw some early test screenings. That would be about it. I wouldn't call that "involved" or a "role" of any kind. He gets far more access to the film from being a close friend of Spielberg than he does from being the owner of ILM.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I wonder if Masi Oka (Hiro from "Heroes") has been working on the effects for the Transformers movie. He used to work for ILM.

8. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

As I understand it, he still works for ILM from time to time, but in none of my interviews with him have I seen anything where he says he's worked on Transformers.

And to the person talking about comic crossovers, unless something has happened in the last week to the license, it would be IDW and Dark Horse, not Marvel.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    o_O  the OP.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay, a resident spell-checker!!! :D 

11. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

What Lucas wasn't at ILM supervising the CGI for Transformers...I feel so betrayed...George Lucas raped my childhood!