A question about the NECA TMNT FIGS

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lunar_Convoy, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

Besides Transformers I also grew up watching TMNT, and I gotta say that these figures by NECA are full of win. I kind of wish there were alternate versions of them that had colored head bands instead of the "classic comic book red" head bands. So far I only have Leonardo and Donatello which I've had for a few months now. They both came in their original packaging (the ones with the bases that connect together not the ones that come in the tube packaging). So I was looking online for Mike and Raph to finish the set, and I found mike at a reasonable price (around 15.00) but when I found Ralph, I found him going for around $40 to $50 dollars! The question is why is Ralph so expensive when he's part of the same series, same scale and such? Any help would be most apreciated

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Raph was a very desireable figure, and he was shortpacked, making him less available. Supply and demand means lower supply, higher demand, higher price.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I recently bought the boxset of all four turtles for ~ $50. I guess I got lucky. But they don't come with the bases. I'm happy with them though.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The ones without bases would be cheaper, yeah.

5. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

Well that explains everything....damn....figured it was something like that. I could never find Raph at retail. Just the three others....If anyone knows where I could perhaps find him cheaper with the base (no questions asked I'm determined to finish the set) or happens to have him for trade let me know and perhaps we can work out a deal

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The problem is that every version except for the first run doesn't include the extra parts or the display base, which is the version that Lunar Convoy is looking for ... kind of a pickle in his case.

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

A local ma and pa shop in the mall had some last time I was there. I'll stop in this coming Saturday and check for Raph if I make it out there.