A question about the forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladakris, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

First to say this is my first time on a transformers forum for three years, so I am kinda rusty. I just joined the forum today, farley new to this. I just wanted to ask do I have to pit In my opinion after every post so I dont get attacked like another certain forum that I used to be part of, not mentioning any names.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Nah, we're all cool as ice. Just be respectful with your own posts and you're golden.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You shouldn't be that guy IMO.

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol 

Nah, just obey forum rules and the Mods control pretty well. We don't put up with flaming, spamming, or general trouble makers. Squirrelcar will shoot 'em.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    As long as your opinion is the same as everyone else's, there's no need for IMOs at the end of every post.

Differing opinions, however, need to be marked.

I know from experience.

6. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Wow that sucks

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How about just lurking for a while and posting when the spirit moves you 'stead of borrowing trouble?

Figure out if you dig the boad before trying to find issues, y'know?

8. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Well this site isnt as bad, as on that will go unmention. *COUGH*SEIBERTRON*COUGH* I have posted a few times about the chrome war that is going on over here with the crazies, but thats about it.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

See, that? Come on, don't do that. Seibertron's a great site for people who like it there, and if you don't, you're welcome here, but badmouthing 'em isn't cool.

10. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Im not badmouthing them. Every time I gave my opinion I got assulted and banned. Its exactly why I got out of the fandom, becuase I though every one was crazy. My opinions wernt negative and still some people attacked me. I like animated when I saw the first pics, some guy called me an idiot. I got banned. I do like the galleries though, and ive met the site creator hes a nice guy.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As for you're first question, when you post on a message board you are posting your opinion, there is no need to add IMO or variations there of at the end.

As for bad mouthing other sites, yeah don't do that. That's the quick way to get in trouble.

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    This. IMO, IMO is the stupidest thing evar but different strokes for different folks.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

...guy, come on. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you there, and obviously I don't know the story, but just start fresh here, y'know?

14. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I agree its very stupid imop. I didnt badmouth a site? Ah god I sould just stay away from forums. Well Im just gonna signout an d leave it.

15. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Follow the golden rule. "Do onto others as you would want them to do to you". Treat your fellow members with respect, even if you disagree. It is the way to go here at TFW.

16. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Yeah I think im going to lay low. I unentiontionally started somthing. Every thing I say is tooken very seriously on here. I wish people would lighten up.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well telling people their opinions are stupid, or that they should shut the fuck up about them, does tend to make people feel rather serious.

18. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Hindsight is 20/20, you know?

Best thing to do is don't post for a while, like a couple weeks or months, and just watch and learn. In time, all who have come across this thread will have forgotten it. Except for me, because I tend to remember people's little social faux-pas, and recall them at inappropriate yet hilarious times. But that's neither here nor there at this juncture.

All boards, heck, even forums within boards all have their own tone and atmosphere. Sit back, get to know and recognize the personalities of the members who frequent the forums here you may be interesting in posting in, and once you feel comfortable here, go forth and let your post count multiply.

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I mean you gotta be a pretty rotten ass to get permabanned. If you step out of line a Mod will let you know. People get in trouble when they take it personally and not as constructive. We are all human and we are all opinionated and passionate about some things and you are bound to disagree with someone somewhere. It is the internet.

Just don't take it personal or make it personal and you can disagree all day with no problemo.

20. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i'd say just have fun while on the boards. and as my friend, Guiltar ,
    told me, try not to be a dick..