A question about the 25th Aniversery Zartan figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lunar_Convoy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

I have just recently received "Swamp Patrol" Zartan as a gift from a friend of mine. He of course is a very nice figure, but I'm a bit disappointed that his skin does not change color in the sunlight. However, with two other Zartan figures (One out that comes with one mask, back pack and a rifle that does change color, the other coming in the next Cobra 5 pack that looks exactly like the Zartan I own except without the swamp ski) My question is my Zartan faulty? Or is the one I have not supposed to change color? And what of the Zartan coming out in the 5 pack, is he supposed to change color?

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

It's not faulty. Hasbro nixed the color change feature, after they totally borked it, on the previous version. The first version of Zartan released in the 25th line had thermally reactive paint on just hte face, that left him looking perpetually sick. They decided not to do a color change feature on the new one, since it was such a failure, on the other one.

This is why I'd like to get two of this new Zartan, if I can ever find him, in the wild. I want to paint one of them up into his blue skinned "Argh, sunlight!" look.