A question about TF:RiD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alc_Fluteo, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Alc_Fluteo

Alc_Fluteo The Last Lonely Knight

I remember in 2001 while waiting for some of my other shows to come on on FoxKids in the morning that I saw a new Transformers series called Robots in Disguise...however, as I never knew what time it was on I only got to watch two or three episodes of the series in total.

My question is: Was it ever released as a box set (of the whole series) in the US? I know that it was released over in the UK but as far as America is concerned I never hear people talk about it...

Also, how many episodes was it? I've hear around 26 but I'm not sure.

Any information will be appreciated, thank you!

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    http://www.ridforever.info/

All your RID info can be found there.

But to answer the few questions you had, it was never released on DVD or video in the US. Disney owns the rights to the show because they purchased Saban, who dubbed the show for North America. There were 39 episodes total for the US. Much more detailed info can be found at the link I provided.

3. Alc_Fluteo

Alc_Fluteo The Last Lonely Knight

Alright...thanks very much.

That sucks that it wasn't released here...maybe we can still hope though? I mean, considering the UK and a few other places got it (though that was a while ago) we can hope that maybe eventually we'll get it here. I'd like to see the show in it's entirety again and buy it if they released it instead of being like a lot of people are and getting the "illegal" copies or bootlegs or whatever. :stick: 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd wished the did make RID DVD!

5. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed it at the time.

But that was only because I hadn't seen G1 at the Time.

Vehicle Alt Modes, Combiners, Autobots, Decepticons and Optimus Prime were all new to me.

I had grown up with Animal Alt Modes, Maximals, Predacons and Optimus Primal.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    RID is amazing :)  I hope it comes out on DVD sometime

7. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Agreed!!!! :thumb 

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

*hugs his DVD's*

:p 

9. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Wow... really?

I feel really bad that you saw RiD before G1, bro. That's like getting a terminal illness before having a big pancake breakfast.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I hope they decide to release it on DVD some time. RID was basically my "G1". I'd love to get it and watch it again.

To you, yeah, but for me, RID was what really brought me in to Transformers and made me a fan. Sure I watched Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and even had a couple toys from them, but, they didn't really bring me in enough to make me a fan. I do respect G1 for being the origional series, but, I do not like it. I even think it's crappy in a certain way.

11. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

To you, maybe.

RID and Beast Wars were my sentimental "G1" and G1 was more of a look back into the ancient history of past Transformers. I mostly respect it because of what it began more than quality.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    RiD was a good series. Good, not great, I enjoyed it immensely at the time, but it's just missing something. The last half of the series is excellent, though, once Ultra Magnus shows and Fort Max gets into the action. The final battles with Devil Gigatron / Galvatron are awesome, too.

13. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Same here...minus the maximals. I hated the beast sagas. I like bw season 3 now, but as a munchkin, i HATED the stupid robot animals fighting each other in the slap dab middle of nowhere.

RID RULEZ!

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Since someone has to say it: Car Robots was far better. :rock  Just because IMHO, they didn't do a great job dubbing it, and they really changed the ending.

For those who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, Car Robots was the original series, in Japan. The series was meant for a Japanese Audience, and was finished in Japan before the US even announced that they'd be getting it/using it. The series was dubbed, and released as RiD, but they changed all the names and even the toys to a degree. Because they changed the names, and thus the characters, they changed the ending as well to accomodate those changes. They also dropped entirely the subplot that both sides were from the future and had travelled back in time.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I really want a DVD set to be released so I can actually watch the entire damn series. I tries Youtube last night and came up with only a few scattered episodes:( 

16. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Poor Guy... You intro to Optimus Prime was when he was a Friggin monkey? THAT SUCKS!

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

How/Where can you get the UK set?

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Many episodes are available on www.amazon.co.uk Not sure if it was released as a boxed season set or just as sets of episodes. I'm sure a UKer has more information.

19. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

LOL you think RID was good but G1 was crappy? I find that amusing.

20. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

for someone who grew up with computer generated bw and the modern animation of RiD i guess G1 must look abit crappy but you cant say for one second that the overall story wasnt told better G1 was just written so well (in the begining anyway) but I can see your point.