a question about silverbolts character in beast wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 16, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

in the episode crossing the rubicon it was made damn clear when tarantulas killed blackarachnia that silverbolt in his grief had every intention of killing the twisted spawn of a glitch

how might silverbolts character have developed over time throughout beast wars and beast machines if he had actually killed tarantuals at the time?

to be honest i could all to easily see him become dinobots replacement over time

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Beast Machines Silverbolt was darker and grittier than his previous self so it looks like whether BA died or not he was on that path.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Since Silverbolt's grittyness in BM was related to him dealing with being partially responsible for the genocide of an entire planet of his own innocent people, it's likley that would have a greater effect on his character than shooting one potentially-unicron-aligned predacon who pretty much had it coming.

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Though that first kill always stays with people. Most of them will stay with you, but never any of them like the first one. I'd imagine if Tarantulas was the first, we'd see a different Silverbolt going into BM, but still wouldn't change how fucked up and shellshocked he'd be from acting as Jetstorm.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i some how doubt he wouod have become jetstorm going into beast machines

while comminting that first kill under those circumstances can certainly change a person in a major way at the times it happens it can also give that person a certain kill or be killed mentality that one can at times use to increase their odds of survival in its way

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He didn't get a choice in becoming Jetstorm. He didn't choose to become a vehicon general, and he wasn't in control while Jetstorm committed atrocity after atrocity. That's why it changed him so much once he got free.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, Silverbolt became Jetstorm because unlike the transmetals he had no resistance to the effects of the virus.

And I don't think it's that Silverbolt would've killed him, but that he did it out of rage. Afterall, they're all trying to kill the enemy, but it's mostly not personal. (though they've all gotten angry in a battle before)

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i think silverbolt would have enjoyed killing tarantulas and then might have decided to go for broke and go on a predacon slag fest...just my thought...

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I could see Sliverbolt slowly becoming another Depth Charge if Tarantulas killed Blackarachnia. If the series had a another season, I could see the BM Silverbolt style taking place. A loner, anger, Predacon hunter. As far as Beast Machines goes, no Blackarachnia around, the Jetstorm express would had been around until the Maximals won.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm surprised how many think BW Silverbolt was so unstable as to become a psychopathic killer if he were to kill one Predacon in anger. He wouldn't have enjoyed killing Tarantulas, he's Silverbolt! The idea that he enjoyed destruction and violence as Jetstorm is what caused him to alienate himself in BM. It didn't make him an unrelenting killer. The closest he got was wanting to get his revenge on Megatron for making him do such horrible things. (and even then, it was never pointed out if he wanted to kill megatron, or just put a stop to him. Considering after his initial fury he never expressed a desire to do so I don't killing is something he even considers most of the time)

Though it probably doesn't help the discussion by pointing out that Tarantulas has been impaled, shot clean through, and utterly demolished numerous times in the past and survived. (In fact when rage-mode Primal impaled him with his own projectile Tarantulas seemed mildly irritated at worst)