a question about rid rapid run

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 5, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

YouTube - Rail Racer is it just me or does rapid run look a hel;l of a lot like this guy

YouTube - dag wing

thats dag wing from brave command dagwon

when it comes to dag wing is it just me or could one look at rapid run as being in a certain manner of speaking a more later day transformers take on dagwings character when it comes to the overall resemblance that dagwing and rapid run have to one another in vehicle and robot mode

they even transform in a rather nearly similer manner as well

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I suppose that any transforming train might look a little similar.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Could be
    There's alot of reincarnation in TF's, but with different names due to rights

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's definitely a resemblance there, at least to me. But then again, RiD had a couple Brave references, didn't it?

I mean, RiD prime draws heavily from the look of Hyoryu and Enryu from Gaogaigar (again, at least to me). Hell, I even see a bit of Brave in Cybertron Prime.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Somebody posted a bunch of pictures of what I think were brave toys that looked ridiculously a lot like a lot of cybertron figures like Crosswise and Hot Shot...so probably?
    DN

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

so if rapidrun =dagwing then what brave characters might railspike and midnightexpress be modeled after?

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No dude your are not crazy. in fact you're right :D .

RID is one of the more Brave-like TF shows. one hero robot with a super mode, later joined by a second robot who he can use as an alternate armoured form / great Brave form (Omega Prime), two support teams of combining robots (Team Shinkansen and Build Team), the emphasis on super attacks / finishing attacks (Omega Arsenal Blast, Blaze Blaster),
    That, and one of the villains (Ruination) was a repaint of a G1 Transformer (Bruticus), another trend in Brave :) 

Also, the TF Cybertron cartoon featured many homages to the Brave series King Of Braves GaoGaiGar. most notably the way Optimus Prime combines with Leobreaker and Wing Saber, which is similar to the way GaoGaiGar combines with Goldymarg and Stealth Gao.

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

not to drag the topic off track but while we're discussing the brave/transformers mythos's

check this out

YouTube - MEGA FUSION

is it just me or would vector prime look totally wicked cool if someone were to kitbash cybertron vector prime into being a transformer take on soldato j's small mecha form

not king jder itself but the mecha form that becomes king jders head and arms

im still not quite sure how i came up with this idea

i figure its either the fact that i stayed up the last 4 days or so straight watching every single episode of gaogaigar plus the movie and extended movie storyline or it could just be the fact that the caffein totally fried my brain

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

Somebody posted a bunch of pictures of what I think were brave toys that looked ridiculously a lot like a lot of cybertron figures like Crosswise and Hot Shot...so probably?
    DN

to dinobot nuava

that would be me

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Their Bullet Trains are different (Tsubasa and Hikari Rail Star) and their manner of speech don't sound similar to me at all, though I am not familiar with Dagwon cartoon, as far as know Wing Yoku is a quiet, bookish type while J7 is a gung-ho who talks in old fashioned working class Tokyo accent. Just my :2c: 

If you stand J7 toy in a rigid standing-straight position he's got the same built as Dagwing, so I see the similarity there :D 

Gryph, your digibashes are MAGIC.

edit to clarify; Looks like I am talking about stuff not pertinent to the original thread. What I wanted to say is, those things I pointed out prevented me seeing any similarities in the cartoons :) 

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

that cybertron volfogg totally rocks hard man anychance you could do marvel former spiderman and cybertron evac as gundober and gunglue?

its thinking like that that can open up a whole new range of eye poping repaints for transformers classics/universe people

i could actually see leobreaker being rereleased as a new character sporting guygars colorscheme

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so lost for words :jawdropper: . it's so freakin' awesome man!!

Great work man, just great :) 

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  17. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

JRX and build boy (no idea what their japanese name is) were going to be Brave toys, but were moved to Car Robots instead I seem to recall...

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Hasbro's concept art for Cybertron (particularly Prime's modes and combinations) had clear influences from GaoGaiGar. At one time somebody (or his trailer) would have formed a giant hammer.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Nope. I have no idea where that came from, really. The show that was going to air after Gaogaigar was Baan Gaan. There's an artbook with the models for every Brave series, including Baan Gaan. Those two are nowhere to be found.

I'm guessing Takara might have decided to just make the new combiners Brave-like. Maybe to help get the Brave fanbase back into Transformers.