a question about rid and the transformers mythos

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 14, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to rid about halfway through the series the 3 Autobot brothers x-brawn prowl and Sideburn were given the ability to power up into their supercharged modes.

now i have been giving this a bit of thought lately

Say that each living Cybertronian could actually possess to their person the potential to power up/supercharge/self evolve / self ascend at will for want of a better way or wording it as a way for that person to over time work their way up through the various stages of enhanced and upgraded Cybertronian that separates the individual in question from a bot or con like Optimus or Megatron in terms of over all physical strength, stamina, endurance, speed, agility, intelligence and over all firepower .

With this being due to said Cybertronian as a living being possessing a spark bond to the matrix , vector sigma and the Allspark of Primus itself and through that bond possess the potential over time to go from being a relatively normal Cybertronain to being one who has used that bond to self enhance and otherwise evolve their body over time to being at the most extreme a Cybertronian who's overall power levels could potentially rival or even surpass those of even the most powerful of Autobots or Decepticons such as Optimus Prime or Megatron

in essence it being a case of the spirit being willing though the flesh be weak

so to speak with the individual in question using a severely brutal combination of training , determination and the power of their very life spark to achieve over time that which would be the presumably impossible when seen through the optics of a cybertronian who has worked their way up through the ranks to achieve that same set of personal power levels through full body enhancements and upgrades

In essence it being a somewhat reasonable comparison to a saiyan ascending to a super saiyan , 2 ,3 and 4.

That is to say that one could possibly look at this scenario as being a transformer adaption of the idea as it were.

I actually think it would be interesting to see that idea explored throughout a animated series or comic storyline.

I actually think it would be possible for a g1 era Autobot or Decepticon or a beast era Maximal or Predacon to achieve that kind of self evolution assuming that the individual in question can successfully learn to control and properly channel the power of their lifespark , can also master processor over matter and in doing so use the two simultaneously together as a way to self evolve their body through the use of willpower as a way to both control and direct that persons metamorphosis into a more powerful being on a full body submoleculer/nanotechnological level.

what are your thoughts on the matter?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think my mind just got blown all over my face.

I reread that like three times and I think it's a pretty cool concept, guy. Big ups for digging into the idea of Cybertronians without talking about how they have sex, which it seems is where these kinda posts normally end up.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The thing is that all the ascensions you mentioned aren't self-evolution at all. They're power-ups/modifications bestowed by an outside force: The Matrix. The Matrix chooses who it changes, be they Hot Rod, Sideburn, or G2 Starscream, and can grant and rescind powers as it chooses as well.

Sorry, but your dreams of having Wheelie throw a kamehameha are likely going to go unfulfilled. But that's what fanfiction's for!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Most of the Japanese created shows have some kind of "super charge", Galaxy Force was crazy with all the auras and stuff indicating power ups. You've got all the color change upgrades, which are similar to the RiD superforms except they are permanent, and nearly every leader in those series turns gold at some stage or other. (Final Fire Guts Ginrai for example).

I personally prefer how RiD tackled it, with the temporary power burst. You could almost take it to be like overclocking - the Transformer gains a huge amount of power, but it strains their systems because they are operating at far beyond their physical limits.

If this trick ever comes back into Transformers, which I personally hope it does not for a while, I'd like to see some negatives to a color change super form instead of mere positives.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

all i'm saying is that the idea itself can and does exist and depending on the mythos in question can be explored at length to various degrees

as i have come to understand it when it comes to the various versions of transformers fictional mythos vector sigma, cybertron, the matrix ,and the allspark are all parts of the single living greater god like being known as primus

when it comes to idw's beast wars comic continuity i could all to easily see this idea being explored throughout a number of storylines set on pre/beast machines cybertron in which said storylines is a faithful albut somewhat alternate comic adaption of the show it was based on.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Brilliant thinking thar, Geozaur! :)  We know powerful entities & items like the Last Autobot, the Matrix, Primus can alter/upgrade/otherwise advance a Transformer entity through power. We know the metalline bodies of Cybertronians can suddenly alter in the physical capasity as seen in Generation 2 where they bubbled/boiled before splitting, or in Beast Wars where an item like the Transmetal II Driver can spawn a new form for a TF. And with newer considerations in the physical department like the split second reformattings seen in Bayformers, physically - though metallic robots - this sentient cybernetic race is not merely limited to toolshop revamps and programming upgrades. While I see no need to do away with such, more "mundane", restructuring for the race of robots (they are living machines and mechanic mindsets on alterations and change make the most sense, not to mention are extremely cool), you're approach (perhaps for just the occasional individual and not the race as a whole, natch) certainly gives a more personal, goal-aspiring story for a Transformer to 'upgrade' themself. Themselves? Themself. *nod* In my own fanfic novel that I'm now positive I'll never have finished, such occurances are present in their own ways.

So kudos for the Kamayamayacron idears. :D 

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've wondered if a TF's spark dictates the limitations of it's physical form. Only a rare breed could encompass a frame like Metroplex or Scorponok, and many can't take a flying form--but that trait is considerably more common in 'Cons, obviously.

That explains to me why somebody like BB, who resented his stature, didn't upgrade. Even when he became Goldbug, his spark would only work with a smaller frame.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Plus, it meant everyone who had already bought the normal decos still had the characters as they appeared in the show, and they weren't outright replaced.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    All you need is the Power of Friendship.

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

check out this article i found on the matter
    Burning Justice - Transformers Wiki

when it comes to the individual in question it is entirely possible that intense emotion can also play a factor in inducing the change

any intense emotion could play a factor in triggering the change

extreme greif being one such example

check this out
    YouTube - future trunks goes super saiyan...

11. limgrock

limgrock Banned

If all the Transformers have the ability to use burning justice to become more powerful, then aren't the powered up forms just a red herring? I mean, if everyone suddenly powered up, they'd still be on equal footing. Also, if they can power up when the need hits them, why not just be powered up from the get-go? If zombies were knocking on my door I wouldn't start fighting them with rolled up newspaper and if that didn't work, a baseball bat. I'd go right for the chainsaw and guns I don't actually own. Maybe a steak knife.

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

if/when idw eventually gets around to exploring a pre/early beast machines storyline could the idea actually work though

me i could understand the idea being tweaked to the point that only certain cybertronians would have the potential to self evolve like that when it comes to the whole chosen one scenario

say with the person having the potential to one day become his generations prime leader but with said individual using those abilities to self ascend /evolve over time as they work there way up through the ranks over time

about the only way i could see their being any serious negative side effects would be if the person in question were to aid a fellow ally in gaining that ability but with it playing out in such a way that for a time the person who posessed that abilityoriginally would be left in a severely weakend state for a time

like what happened when optimus primal reformated nightscream into his technorganic form

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Now that you mention it, Beast Machines did have a kind of "Super Mode" for the Maximals in Endgame. Though that was the aid of the Sparks of all Cybertronians, not just a self-inflicted evolution.

However, it does demonstrate there is a capacity for a higher evolution, at the very least.

14. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Okay the first thing I thought of were Pokemon evolving, an was gonna throw the whole idea out. Then I thought on it a bit more and started to wonder, certain TF's already have abilities beyond the norm. Skywarp, for instance, can warp (duh). Megatron can link to a black hole (suposedly). Mirage can turn invisible. etc. If these were simply weapons each had aquired somehow, more TF's would have these powers. Megatron would have an entire army just warp into the ark and destroy the Autobots, right? That doesn't happen, so are these abilities some sort of "upgrade" each spark is capable of? Have some just not reached there full potential? I hate to rewrite history here, but how else do you explain these powers?

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

with fiction krypt just about anything is possible

don't quite know if i am remembering it right but when it comes to the japanese g2 continuity did't prime use the reconfiguration matrix to revive himself from a near death state and to enhance his body to a more powerful form?

found the link here i think

Reconfiguration Matrix - Transformers Wiki

16. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

maybe its just me but between snowcat and demolisher doing that fusion dance nod in the energon distribution episode and the subject ofthis thread in general i could actually see rid optimus prime/ultra magnus and their combiner form of omega prime as being a possible way of exploring the whole fusion combination bit