a question about optimus and optimus primal

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 31, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i got a question when it comes to optimus prime of the transformers armada/energon/ cybertron animated trilogy and optimus primal of beast wars beast machines

does one go on to eventually become the other?

the reason i am asking this people is because i believe that when 1 examines these facts it at the very least alludes to that possibility

near the end of cybertron as optimus prime attempted to reach out to regain the omega lock while within the very deepest core of the black hole he encountered what quite possibly was the living ghost of vector prime.

during that scene vector prime clearly stated that for optimus his destiny is for him to reach out and to restore the future.

now at the very tail end of cybertron optimus had passed the role of supreme autobot leadership on to jetfire and went on to become a ships captain at the end of the series.

people between that and the attempt that hasbro has made to make this optimus prime and optimus primal one and the same character when it comes to the cybertron beast optimus prime repaint that they did when they rereleased the 10nth anniversary cybertron optimus primal figure as optimus prime.

if you ask me though it would make more sense for optimus to skip the pre beast wars ape beast mode and just go straight to his crumplezone like body when it comes to the very idea of one becoming the other.

i believe that at the very least it raises the possiblity that one eventually becomes the other.

what are your thoughts on this matter people?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    AEC and Beast Wars are totally separate continuities altogether. The repaints of the 10th anniversary BW Primal & Megatron were simply a way to milk more out of the designs.

3. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Nice fan fic fodder though Genozaur.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But in the Cybertron series there was that scene with G1 prime and other G1 characters, and G1 Prime was in Beast wars, so that would seem to tie the Cybertron series to Beast Wars.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That scene in cybertron was just fanservice. just like the first episode of armada.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people this is just my thoughts on the matter.
    when it comes to the crews of the DARKSIDE and the AXALON was it ever actually stated in the beginning that they came from a future set in the main reality?

or did they simply crossover to the distant past in the main reality form a possible alternate future reality?

in short people i believe it might very well be possible that they crossed over from a future reality set in one continuity to the the distant past set in the timeline of the main reality since te transwarp drive can take on through all of space and time and possibly other dimensions as well. which at the very least could possibly explain why we saw the axalon in RID

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Megatron got the Golden Disk that contained a message written by G1 Megatron.

Waspinator and Blackarachnia both knew about Shrapnel, who only existed in G1.

They knew about the Ark and Mount St. Hillary. Which is also G1.

Ravage, a G1 character, followed them back in time. He comes from the same future as the main BW characters.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like to look at it as follows:

G1 -> G2 -> BW -> BM is the main timeline. Megatron's messing around in the past and the resulting time storm created an infinite number of alternate realities. RID, AEC, DW, DD, IDW, TLA are all explorations of these various alternate realities.

9. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RID is the only series not related to anything else. All else is "G1" with the common theme being the Minicons and to a lesser extent, Unicron. RID is the only series with no referenece to Unicron or the Minicons. However, even RID ties into G1 with Transformers Universe.*

*posted by Backscatter

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007