A question about Liokaiser. Hasbro stamp?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ran-neko, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Ran-neko

Ran-neko Cats rule the WORLD!!

Hello all.

So I'm looking at my merged Liokaiser and then at the single bots as well. I notice a couple of differences.

Firstly is the colours don't always match. Killbison 1 is an orangey gold plastic while Killbison 2 is greeny gold. Jaruga 1 is blueish while Jaruga 2 is almost black.

But there is one thing that really gets me.

My merged set is all stamped Takara 89 Made in Japan.

All my loose figures are stamped Takara 89 made in China.

But the loose ones all have another stamp on them that says Hasbro 89 or 90... don't recall just this second.

Now I KNOW they were never released in North America but this makes me wonder, were they supposed to be?

I've never seen any of this mentioned before and if it has apologies for wasting a thread but can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Ran

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Are these the loose ones?

Four of them (that is, not Hellbat or Gaihawk) were released in Europe at the end of G1 as the Autobot Rescue Force. They didn't come with their breast partners, and Drillhorn and Jaruga came with different weapons.
    I actually realised they combined long before I found out what they originally were...

3. Ran-neko

Ran-neko Cats rule the WORLD!!

Nope. Those are the UK rescue force figures. Mine are all 6 in correct colours(shades are off on Jaruga and Killbison but only slightly)

They came from the ebay auction that sold 6 Liokaisers and are from a warehouse in China.

Ran

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

the rescue force was made around the same time, and has the hasbro stamp, i believe that some liokaisers were made after the molds were changed, and has the hasbro stamp. there was a chinese (authentic) version single and giftset boxed. you can tell the diff by the chinese as opposed to japanese on the boxes.