A question about KOToys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boy Blunder, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I've been peeking in on them regularly for the past few months, and I've been wondering about a few things.

1 - Are they a hassle to deal with, buying/shipping-wise?

2 - How high-quality are the toys, specifically the Classics-style and the Animated-style? I'm looking at them for possible customizations (since a TFA Arcee from any other source would break the bank), and I'm just curious how the plastic will hold up under scrutiny.

Any personal thoughts on their stuff (preferrably from customers or people who have direct interaction with their products) would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    you will get a huge variety of response from

"I dealt with them and I had no problems so far!"

to

"Don't, they are a pain and here is why..."

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

And that's the exact reason I opened the thread. I want to hear how much feedback is positive, and how much is negative.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Ordered an Animated Blackout from them about this time last year.

After a week, i had no email back from them.

So i mailed, asked what was going on, still no answer.

Ten days after that,Blackout turned up on my doorstep, i got what i ordered and it was fairly well packaged too.

If you're going to buy from them, paypal from your credit card balance, just to be sure.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yeah, I understand. You should read his own feedback thread, as well as the various threads like urs that's been brought up around once every 1.5 months.

Personally I never had issues. I ordered 3 times, and it has been quick, fast, and smooth. However, stories do scare me.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Search forum, advanced search "kotoys" in topic title.

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Thanks for the links and search suggestions. I wasn't aware that search was working again, so message recieved.

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I've only bought two figures from them:

1. A KO Classics Ultra Magnus. For the most part, this figure turned out fine. The joints were all nice and tight and he came with all his accessories.

The issue I have with mine is the paint job and the molding of his arms/shoulders. The paint is very sketchy.... not painted on smoothly and scratched off in some places. Mine came on a card so I can see it getting scratched up pretty good in there, but it's still something to keep in mind.

One of the forearms on mine didn't have a screw long enough to hold it together all the way so you can see a little gap where the pieces are put together. The shoulders are my biggest problem with this figure -- when you transform him into his alt mode, the right shoulder on mine doesn't lock into place all the way so you see this random bump on the side of the truck.

Yeah, these problems are a little annoying but I'm usually going to have this guy in my City Commander armor so I guess at least I didn't have to pay the going price for a legit UM.

2. I got one of those clear Classics Mirage figures too. This one looked awesome but he was kind of a big floppy mess. If you own the original, there are a bunch of ball joints all over this figure, and for the most part, every single one on my KO were loose as hell. A little superglue/nail polish fixed this right up though. Oh, and the front spoiler/gun was really loose in his alt mode, and ironically, too tight to go into his fist :lol 

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    ^ isn't that the toy's problem, not the store?

11. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I'm kinda eying up that Wonderfest Nemesis Prime for the Shadow Commander armor I managed to get from BBTS, but I want to make sure this figure is a little more solid. Peaugh's review made it look pretty good though

12. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

His second question was about the quality of the toys from them :shrug:

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    O= I must have missed that. mah bad

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Okay, after reading through the entire feedback thread, I'm loathe to give this guy any of my business. The main problem (for me) is that he has quite a few things that I'd like to get my hands on (namely, the CHMS Arcee/Chromia/Paradron TFA set and the KO Classics Sunstorm). Anyone know of any other sites/sellers that offer the same, or similar, products?

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    chingmung.com have them, and also one of our member sell those things you are looking for:

daelite, you can PM him, or you can go to his store, acetoystore.com

16. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try daelite20. He's a member on this board and sells the same stuff stateside.

17. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Thanks, exomega and Dark Seeker. I did just that, and I gotta say, daelite seems like a much better option. Thanks again!

18. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

In one of kotoys rants, didn't he mention that he wholesales his stuff to daelite?

Doesnt that mean your still giving kotoys your money technically?

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Yup, it's still a daisy-chain back to KO Toys, but its still faster shipping, which is nice if you choose not to take "outside" factors into account for your purchase.

Personallly I've had nothing but good expereinces, but I've read a lot of horror stories.

I still shop at KO Toys for anything that sems like it might be in short run (I got my Sideswipe kits and love 'em, will probably go to the source for the dino tapes too...).

D/L

20. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

acetoystore.com is good, I bought from them/him. The shipping was fast and teh figure was packed well.