a question about Joker cadmus nanotech and the thanagarian absorbacron technology

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 13, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to the whole flashback scene in BBROTJ it makes it clear that joker used beyond cutting edge cadmus nanotechnology to geneticly change tim drakes dna so that tim drakes body and dna would be that of a young child like joker clone

so just how exactly did joker succeed in imprinting his memmories and personality to tim drakes mind when he psychoraped him?

thisis just my theory but my guess is that cadmus somehow got its hands on thanagarian absorbacron technolgoy and somehow managed to either repair it or merely use it to reverse engineer the technology into a new hybrid form of thanagarian enhanced earth technology with the joker having stolen it with the nanontechnology when he turned those teenagers into the royal flush gang

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

It's not at all that complicated. Joker is actually a pretty ingenious guy, He's a friggin psycho but a smart one as well. Both in his years on the streets or with other criminals, he learned quite a bit of DNA tech. What he did was imprint his personality into a microchip. The chip contains both the mentality of the Joker as well as his DNA imprint. Thus when activated, the microchip reassembles Tim's DNA to that of the Joker and the Joker mind takes over as a feed from the chip into Tim's brain.

Plus it's a comic movie. The technology doesn't have to make sense.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i alwasy figure that when the adult tim drake would transform into the joker the joker personality was itself for all intents and purposes tim drakes psychological and subconciouse inner darkside with the jopker personality and memories having been imprinted onto it

like what happened to carter halls character in jlu season 3 when the absorbacron imnprinted on his human mind the memories and life experienceas of the dead thanagarian pharaoh when it comes to shadow theif itself being carters inner darkside given a unnatural state of life as a semi seperate semi living being

speaking of shadow theif is it just me or did the guy come across as being l a sort of ghost like reincarnation of the ancient egyption priest hath set?

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Eitherway Im fairly certain its stated it was CADMUS technology that the Joker used in "Epilogue".

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As Wreck Gar said, Joker is really freaking smart, plus he's a theif.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm not saying outright that it wasn't Cadmus technology, but I reeeeeeeeeeally don't remember any mention of Cadmus in BB:ROTJ.

The simplest answer is always my favorite answer. The movie provides you with all the explanation you need, really.

The flashback scene obviously takes place late enough in Batman's career for Joker to friggin' DIE, but soon enough in his career so that Batgirl is still reasonably, well, smokin' hot. So let's pretend it takes place in the near-future of the DCAU, years after JLU concludes.

As early as the 90s Batman/Superman animated continuity, we have outrageous technology such as STAR labs, Lex Luthor's zillions of technological gizmos, and Bruce Wayne's hi-tech gadgets. The DCAU clearly has mind-control devices such as Poison Ivy's mind-control plants, and the Mad Hatter's mind control playing cards. We also have sci-fi technology far beyond our "real world," such as advanced AI like HARDAC, the Riddler's Matrix-like computer simulation program, and Brainiac who also has mind-control powers (remember, he mind-controlled Bruce Wayne).

As for changing Tim's appearance? Remember that Joker gas gives you a perma-smile and turns your skin white (a la "The Laughing Fish.") Surely, if you gave Joker years to develop something based on increasingly-advanced and sci-fi devices, he can most certainly use the same "how to turn someone white" know-how and put it into a chip that has the same physical effects.

The DCAU literally has hundreds of devices that can make someone do something against his will and/or change your appearance. Is it that hard to imagine that, years later, a smart thief like the Joker can cobble together a device that inserts his personality into someone else? We don't need to know how Joker controlled Tim's mind. A lengthy explanation of the mind-control would be unnecessary and tedious, in my opinion. Between Cadmus, Mad Hatter's playing cards, Brainiac's technology, and HARDAC, you can just take your pick on your own theory for how Joker controlled his mind, but a little mystery serves the story well, IMO.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm not sure why, but I felt like the episode "Epilogue" inferred that the Joker used Cadmus tech gained by remains of the Brainiac\Luthor amalgamation in Revenge of the Joker.
    I feel pretty strongly about that, but I can't remember a specific reason why right now.

And, GENOZAUR, I've come to the conclusion that you are never going to have one big DCAU discussion thread, but can you at least keep them in the Movies and Televison forum so I know where to look? :) 

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

done and done

i still say the absorbacron played some kind of role in the matter since some small bit of the type of thanagarian technology had to of made its way onto the black market in the dcau

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Possibly.

If I get home from the gym early enough I'm gonna watch Epilogue again and see where I got my assumptions from.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Just checked Epilogue to see if I was right or not.

Yes I was right, the nanotech was from Cadmus.

TERRY: Maybe you dug up some of that old Cadmus Nanotech, used it have my genes rewritten to match yours.

BRUCE: That technology's been illegal for over 40 years.

TERRY: Didn't stop the Joker from using it on Tim Drake.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Ah. Good catch!