Customs: A question about guns and accessories

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by the (H)i(GH)con, Jan 31, 2009.

1. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

(I hope I put this in the right place, if not, I'm sorry)
    I was wondering if there were any good places online that sell loose guns and such? I've been looking around this morning, but I haven't really found anything good for Transformers.(I'm talking BFG types) I'm not really trying to go the ebay route. Any ideas?

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Check your local dollar type store or chinatown store. They generally have $1 action figures of all types, most come with multiple guns and such, I bought some army guys for a buck each, and they had chain guns and ammo belts, got some sci fi dudes that had BFG's and clear plastic energy swords. Also don't rule out toddler looking toys, they usually have larger, exaggerated accessories.!:thumbs2: 

3. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As big hank stated the Dollar General type stores and what not. Also I've gotten lucky a few times at garage sells and flea markets. And depending on how much you want to spend you can look up upgrade kits for anime mecha models such as Gundam,Armored Core,Evangelion and etc etc.

As one of my general rule of thumb is when buying gundam parts is too remember the scale size compared to TF's. 1/144= Deluxe and1/100=Voyager.

I usually go to these places and scour.

Hobby Search Gundam Model Kits Store (type weapon in the search bar)

HobbyLink Japan Home Page (Click Sci fi and search Item type "Option Kits" and Click Gundam and search "Detailing/Accessories")

And also:
    http://www.mechaskunk.com/store.htm (sells resin cast gundam rifles and cannons)

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

here on tfw in the junkion exchange :D  i find allot of sales threads with a batch of parts in it.

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Thanks! I never thought to check Dollar stores..... and I got about 10 near me! Oh, and thanks for the links RD. I'll check them out now.