a question about fansproject bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 19, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i happen to have both energon bruitucus maximus and his rotf/classics reissue set

i also have the two fansproject cross-fire 02 add on swindle/munitioner and explorer/blastoff sets to enhance either bruticus maximus set with

i also have a set of g1 replacement heads for onslaught, brawl and vortex courtesy of soundwave3k

lastly i have the reprolabels decal sets for the 3 energon/rotf/classics combaticons and their two fansproject add on figures

this is my question on the matter

using the combaticon character model art from the dreamwave transformers g1 universe 8 issue miniseries as a basis for each figures new colorscheme

the repalcement heads
    energon barricade
    certain replacement parts from the duplicate helibot and tankbot limbs
    and the reprolabels decal sets

would it be possible to do some selective parts swapping to give vortex onslaught, brawl, swindle and bruticus a colorscheme modeled more closely after their character model art from the 8 issue g1dreamwave transformers universe series?

with only the bare minimal of repaint work required?

say for example by salvaging all the purple and gray colored torso body parts from energon blackout and swapping them with those same parts from rotf/classics vortex to give vortex back some of that purple color he is missing through the torso area

basicly i want to give each of the 5 combaticons/six if you count bruticus/ as accurate a dreamwave g1 colorscheme as possible with only the bare minimal of repaint work required if at all possible

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Edit: Make a post for this in the radicons discussion forum. You're askign about Kitbashing and stuff, and that's what they're all about over there.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

but at the same time though i have made certain modifications to onslaught so that he can use energon omnicon skyblast jetmode as bruticus's armored flying wing breastplate piece

if at all possible i would liek to give the skyblast figures robot mode a starscream style colorscheme but in such a way that the skyblast's figures vehicle mode would still be sporting the colorscheme for bruticus's chestplate armor

the basic idea being that starscream went so far as to actually upgrade his own body so that he himself can form a part of the bruticus combiner form

in starscreams case he would form bruticus's breast plate flying wing armor

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

right now i got all the parts and stuff i need for the project but i am still working through the whole idea in my head

lets just say that i am looking for some helpful positive constructive criticism on the matter

right now i am just trying to thoroughly brainstorm the whole matter over

this being my first major custom project i really do not want to leave anything to chance

when i do a projecti like to do so in a slow methodical manner i like to toil away and tinker at every minor detail of the project idea wise untili am certain that everything about the idea which the project in question revolves around is in proper working order

i happen to have a real knack for stuff like that

to be honest though this is the first timie i have attempted a transformers project

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I edited my post once I'd read it better and before you posted this to let you know where the pros at this are at. I see that you post in the radicon's section, so you know ehre I'm talking about.