a question about energon sky shadow

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 11, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

would it be possible to mod energon sky shadow or its teradive repaint in such a way that the a10 warthog vehicle mode would be for all intents and purposes a helicopter instead?

say by removing warthogs wings and the folding neck plate and head and salvaging energon blackouts head and helicopter cockpit chest and building it and the helicopter cockpit main rotary blades and robot head onto the back of the a10 warthogs body in such away that the entire front of the gigures robot mode would serve as its back instead so that the robot head and cockpit would fold down on the hinge onto the robots lower back so that as a helicopter limb it would serve as arm that is of equal length to the a10 warthog arm limb for the combiner mode

between modding a backhoe limb for swindle a warthog limb for blastoff and a second warthog limb for vortex i belive it would be entirely possible to give bruticus as a clasdsics universe combiner a more suitable set of arms and for the most part actually have that whole classics g1 combaticon combiner team look as well

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

With a hacksaw and some mighty putty you can do anything!!!

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

you forgot the duct tape.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Um, why not just use 2 more helicopters and repaint them. lol

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

for one i would use the a10warthog limb for a helicopter because it would make for a arm limb of equal lnegth to the aten warthog limb for blastoff

and for 2 while the 2 skitbashed figures would share the same base figure with a good bit of kitbashing the 2 could be mad differant enough from one eanother in how each transforms tin a somewhat similer manner while at the same time each would have a diferant robot mode in comparioson to one another

in short when properly kitbashed the a10warthog turned helicopter limb and the a10warthog turned space shuttle limb could be seen as being a rather sutitable set of remolds as it were

hell i'm surprised hasbro and botcon didn't go in together in exploring the whole remold scenario to that extreme of a degree

if they had we might very well have seen the club combiner set being released instead as a botcon exclusive battlegaia/valdigus combiner set

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Remolding to that degree would be much more costly than just making new head molds and using new paint schemes. At that point, you'd probably need to design entirely new molds for the two figures. And given that in the last Hasbro Q&A, they said that FP used their molds and did not make their own, I don't think either party would want to shell out that kind of money.

However, a club combiner set mixing bruticus maximus and superion maximus characters to make a battlegaia/valdigus/ruination/g2 bruticus set would be pretty awesome.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

What GAUGE0001 said. From the sound of it, it seems like it would be easier just to get an actual Blackout/Stormcloud and repaint it.

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Well, I have to say that the optimum place for a propeller would be somewhere on the chest, as any further up would place it on the pelvis or leg of the figure. It may require sacrificing the energon star port. It may also affect the robot mode, unless you make it detachable. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.